How To Make A Beat/Instrumental Album?

guitarfoo

Hello fellow producers,

I've been making Hip-Hop/R&B beats for about 7 years now (Using FL Studio) and I would like to put out beat albums of my best work, but I don't know where to start. From your experience/knowledge, should I become part of a label to do so, or go about it solo and use a music distributor such as Tunecore, or CDbaby..? Troyboi and Cavalier are both great examples, which, I've heard about through digital streaming platforms such as Spotify and Pandora.

I've tried reaching out to artists (by sending them a beat folder), whom say they would love to work with me, but they never follow through...it's time to spread my wings and stick to beat instrumentals and make a path for myself. If you have done it yourself, how did you go about it? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Peace

I suggest that you go solo. What kind of artists are you attracting as you have many "rappers" who are all about the show aka "image" of being a rapper as opposed to the "business" aka actually taking realistic steps to becoming a rapper irregardless of the trendy nature of the business.

lol, very true. Honestly, I would like to attract artists who are serious and professional, but they're hard to find nowadays...I can't let all these beats sit in my hard drive forever...thanks for the info.

Last edited:
i can't really talk tho because i've been doing this (well at least) for two years and i just release things that feel good to me on bandcamp (and release my weird songs on soundcloud). i can't really afford to go to other streaming sites right now, but i feel like going the Knxwledge route (which is uploading your dopest stuff on a consistent rate) is the best for me at the moment. of course i'm not getting that many streams but my first beat tape only had like ten people and it was all skips my g. now just releasing V.I.B.rant, i'm getting around thirty listeners (still a mixture of skips, partials, and fulls, so it's some growth). but what i'm trying to say is, go do that stuff and spread your own wings. bandcamp tunecore whatever, get ya name out. but still try to find people, because you really never know these days what the kids can throw down on a piece of paper (or phone).

Back