How to improve as a beginer beats producer?

When you go to school do you go to math class, then geography, and so on and so forth or does every class teach everything? You have to learn things one at a time.

I really don't have anything else to say about this. But I appreciate you editing out the comment about Asperger's. Didn't make sense to insult me and then ask how childish I am.

At any rate, you actually picked the worst analogy to support your point. School is actually a lit bit of everything in a single day.
So yes, while you are studying Math, you are also taking classes in Science, English, Biology, Physics and even taking Gym...

Hardly the idea of "don't move on to another area until know that s*#t inside and out.".
Not that I disagree with your approach/philosophy.

It's just not one that I would use myself.
Nothing wrong with us being different and thinking different.

hey, guys, thanks! Everything you told me is useful for me! But don't fight, i accept and learn what i can from everyone's points of view..

just focus on one area at a times and perfect it, like just start with drums and don't move on to another area until know that s*#t inside and out.

And

I wouldnt start out trying to make anything too complex yet either, keep it simple at first while you learn how to build songs.

Is that what you guys did?

My advice was based on whether or not he has any experience with music yet or not. It doesn't make sense to jump straight in and write an orchestral piece or complicated song without any real grasp for music.

The school analogy was just making the point that we focus on one thing a time when we learn. My strategy takes that further, I was just giving the initial reasoning behind it. I don't understand why this "fighting" happened in the first place. You asked me a question, and I went beyond answering it. My answer implied that I do use that philosophy for learning "beat making", and I was polite enough to write out a detailed answer giving my reasoning for why I do it, and that I do it in other facets of my life. Then you replied with your argumentative post and I still can't understand what I did in that first post answering your question to upset you so.

But it's all good, I'm not upset nor ever was. I needed 20 posts so I could post links! :victory:

Honestly I didn't take that "insult" out of my post must have been a moderator. So you sneaking it back in the thread doesn't bother me. And I asked if you had it, didn't guarantee you did, so being childish is another possiblity, plus the whole aspergers thing was sarcasm, why do you insist on pointing out these small little details when everytime you do your wrong? Every single time your wrong.

Last edited:
All quotes from me:
This isn't an attack.

And

I don't share you same approach, but how can anyone say it's wrong when it's worked for you and might work for him? What is there to argue about? Is there only ONE way to get better? Aren't you simply giving your opinion?

And

And

And somehow you see this as a FIGHT?
C'mon now. You simply saw me asking about you advice as a challenge to you and it bothered you. Simple as that.
Remove your neck hairs getting raised and anyone else would have answered the questions.

Matter of fact, those are interview Questions asking you about YOUR Music Production on a forum about.....Producing.
Any you... would.....rather....not...answer.......

If those were in a new thread everyone else would have no trouble getting the point and answering.
Hell, I can answer those questions at least 5 different ways each.

That philosophy is something I've used in many things not just making beats.

I understand that it's a philosophy. I asked you if you actually DID IT.

You really cannot see the answer "yes" in that statement? "not just making beats" implies it obviously, everyone can see that. Griffin Avid: Wrong (1)

focus on one area at a times and perfect it, like just start with drums and don't move on to another area until know that s*#t inside and out.

Question: Did you Focus on one area and know it inside out and then move on to another?
It's pretty much a yes or no question.

If your answer is YES....

Just more of your wrongness on the above topic.... Griffin Avid: Wrong (2)

I also want to know what constitutes inside and out- like MASTERY? Like PERFECTION , like good enough?

And also how you do get to perfection and how you knew when you got whatever it was to perfection?

And, is one area of production harder or easier to perfect than another?

And also, does that mean that every successful producer/beatsmith has perfected all these areas?

Should I do anything serious with my music until I perfect these areas?
How many areas do I need to perfect before I should try to share/sell/make moves with my music?

Is there an average time I should spend working on each area? Suppose it's like 2 years perfecting drums- should I move on to another area or just keep practicing?

Sorry for all the questions, but these seem directly related to your advice.

Thinking using the term perfection means absolute litteral perfection, an impossible feat. Pure and Utter rediculousness. Either your an idiot or THIS WAS AN ATTACK. Everything you claim I meant in that nonsense is obviously not what I meant.
Griffin Avid: Wrong 3

I firstly, calm down. This isn't an attack.
Secondly I quoted you speaking about perfection.
If you already answered then your answer is YES.
If that's the case, what's so wrong about asking you to elaborate on your experiences.

QUOTE]

Stating it isnt an attack when it is. Griffin Avid: Wrong (4)
Going back to that stupidity about perfection. Griffin Avid: Wrong (5)

I find it strange that you would give someone advice about something and then get offended when you're asked about how following your own advice worked out for you. If the original poster asked you these same questions, would you refuse to answer or discuss it further?

That deserves the "wow".

I did not get offended when asked about how following my own advice worked for me, I got offened when you lashed out about it afterwards in the obsurd way that you did. Griffin Avid: Wrong (6)
Why imply that I wouldn't answer or discuss it further based on what? The fact that I DIDN'T get offended like you claim. Your false world is mesmerizing. This never occured? I answered the question without being offended. If the OP treated me like you.. wait, nobody would treat me like you have Griffin Avid: Wrong (7)

I firstly, calm down. This isn't an attack.

Worse, I don't share you same approach, but how can anyone say it's wrong when it's worked for you and might work for him? What is there to argue about? Is there only ONE way to get better? Aren't you simply giving your opinion?

Back to this, being a manipulative person such as yourself I could say isn't saying "I calm down" imply that you were worked up? Meaning that it atleast "was" an attack?
Griffin Avid: Stupid (8)
Secondly, that should have been my statement about sharing approaches with you, but I'm smart enough to know that I have no idea if we do because you don't argue logic you hang on everyword reguardless of the true human meaning of the sentence. I still can't fathom how you though you had the right to tell me this. You are the one that needs to be told this!!!
Griffin Avid: Stupider (9)
  • When you go to school do you go to math class, then geography, and so on and so forth or does every class teach everything? You have to learn things one at a time.

I really don't have anything else to say about this. But I appreciate you editing out the comment about Asperger's. Didn't make sense to insult me and then ask how childish I am.

At any rate, you actually picked the worst analogy to support your point. School is actually a lit bit of everything in a single day.
    So yes, while you are studying Math, you are also taking classes in Science, English, Biology, Physics and even taking Gym...

Hardly the idea of "don't move on to another area until know that s*#t inside and out.".

It's just not one that I would use myself.

I didn't edit the aspergers comment. Turns out nor did the moderator. Griffin Avid: Wrong (10)
    I told you that this point was the basis of my philosophy, not my philosophy, so this point fits PERFECTLY Griffin Avid: Wrong (11)
    All the sudden you don't disagree with my philosophy when that was the whole basis for the start of all of this. Griffin Avid: Wrong (12)
    Trying to end an argument by being the bigger man when you are the only one that isn't out of the two of us. Griffin Avid: Stupid (13)

All quotes from me:
    This isn't an attack.

And

I don't share you same approach, but how can anyone say it's wrong when it's worked for you and might work for him? What is there to argue about? Is there only ONE way to get better? Aren't you simply giving your opinion?

And

And

And somehow you see this as a FIGHT?
    C'mon now. You simply saw me asking about you advice as a challenge to you and it bothered you. Simple as that.
    Remove your neck hairs getting raised and anyone else would have answered the questions.

Matter of fact, those are interview Questions asking you about YOUR Music Production on a forum about.....Producing.
    Any you... would.....rather....not...answer.......

If those were in a new thread everyone else would have no trouble getting the point and answering.
    Hell, I can answer those questions at least 5 different ways each.

All the quotes of yourself I've already addressed, I can't fathom that you actually think you just made some points with them. Griffin Avid: WRONG AGAIN (14, 15,16)
    Your insane if you think what you asked was valid, your making yourself look pretty silly. Your whole professional argument with me about my "career" has to do with how since I used the word perfection I'm implying that I can do things no other human can. That has nothing to do with any logical audio concept, its you being childish and argumentative, period.
    I DID ANSWER everything and you argued back, and I still answered when you've done this up until this point, trust me simpleton no self respecting anybody on my side would've handled this any other way, and on your side, would've ever began to come close to ask things as idiotic as you.

If you can answer those questions at least 5 different ways each then you must agree with me! Im right according to you. Moron. Griffin Avid (17, 18, 19, 20, 21.....KO ding ding ding it's over)

Last edited:
Yo this is all good advice. I've been making beats for years and I can tell you nothing helped me more than finding the hottest producers i could find and have them show me the ropes.

You can spend hours making beats or watching videos and they will still be wack if you don't learn the basics. So my suggestion is to find some producers online or in your local area and ask them to teach you how they do it.

This will save you so much time and frustration. All of the dope producers I know learned the game from some else.

Even if you have to pay them for an hour of their time. It is still worth it.

Last edited:
Back