How to get your beats sound proffesional???????

D

DrEmergency

I recently signed up for a school focused on learning people to become a music producer / beat maker / sound engineer but they didn't accept me. The people of the school said i had potential but my beats sounded too "young" not proffesional enough to get in. The main thing they said wasn't about eqing and other mixing stuff (but also that could be better) but it was espacially about the melody's and the drums and stuff. It was too simple. Although i always thought "Less is more".

Please help me out, next year i really want to be accepted for this school! Give tips if you can!!! Thanks!

That's the oddest situation I've heard in years... not entering in a school because of your beats not being "pro"! If you want to go to that school is because you want to have more knowledge to make better productions! There's definitely something wrong about all that!

Try this! Find some commercial "beats" with or without vocals on your production genre and style and study them!

I recently signed up for a school focused on learning people to become a music producer / beat maker / sound engineer but they didn't accept me. The people of the school said i had potential but my beats sounded too "young" not proffesional enough to get in. The main thing they said wasn't about eqing and other mixing stuff (but also that could be better) but it was espacially about the melody's and the drums and stuff. It was too simple. Although i always thought "Less is more".

Please help me out, next year i really want to be accepted for this school! Give tips if you can!!! Thanks!

so to be real.. your mixing isn't good .. and melodys and drums aren't good.. that means nothing was good tbh... your just not ready yet.. go in the lab, perfect your craft just like everyone else..

^this^ also called woodshedding because you spend all day and night practicing, learning, tweaking, learning, applying, learning, and eventually understanding

to be a successful composer is different to being a successful engineer or producer: different skill sets and different things you know intimately

Back