how to get your beats out there?

i've been making beats for about 2 years or so (17yrs old going on 18) and i think my beats are pretty good... i want to start to rise up already though, like have people know my beats and work with alot of know artists...so the question is...how do i do this?...where do i start?

i've been making beats for about 2 years or so (17yrs old going on 18) and i think my beats are pretty good... i want to start to rise up already though, like have people know my beats and work with alot of know artists...so the question is...how do i do this?...where do i start?

If you want to work with known artists, immediately start to go to places they are at like studios, events, etc. Also get in touch with their management.

Be around them as much as possible and give them your music.

Let them see your face.

Don't spend too much time on the net unless its to research where the artists are and what new things they are involved in.

Learn about what they think about things that you can also converse with them, for example the future of music, new musical trends, music business, new studios that are opening up, new emerging talent they like, etc.

Hope that helps.

Good luck man.

SoundVolution gave some good advice. It might also help to start working with lesser known artists. Get anyone you know who is a decent rapper on your tracks and just start putting stuff out, see where it goes. You might get some attention from those tracks and then more well known artists will want to work with you.

SoundVolution gave some good advice. It might also help to start working with lesser known artists. Get anyone you know who is a decent rapper on your tracks and just start putting stuff out, see where it goes. You might get some attention from those tracks and then more well known artists will want to work with you.

^Good advice.

yo jodawo thats also wat i had in mind...i have a decent studio i work with right now...a few of my friends rap and one of them want to be a rapper.. i was thinking i could work my way up with a less known rapper that ways its a win win for both of us....

thanks to all that listened to what i had to say...
it was all good advice...not to put it all to work!

they gave good advice...but if u live sum where there's not a lot of big events id say use soundclick...its a great site but there are alot of other sites out there too just gotta check em out n see which ones u like

Back