How to get started on making bootlegs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulMale

Thinking about starting doing bootlegs i mean without breaking any copyrights and making legit bootlegs, getting permissions etc and how this process works and if anyone has experience on this matter.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey man,
What do you mean?
Be very careful of your explanation of 'making bootlegs'. Many explanations of 'bootlegs' is infringement of copyrights. Which will result in a ban.

I mean without breaking any copyrights and making legit bootlegs, getting permissions etc and how this process works and if anyone has experience on this matter.

I have absolutely no clue what you mean by a bootleg.

Wiki's explanation:
A bootleg recording is an audio or video recording of a performance that was not officially released by the artist or under other legal authority. The process of making and distributing such recordings is known as bootlegging. Recordings may be copied and traded among fans of the artist without financial exchange, but some bootleggers have sold recordings for profit, sometimes by adding professional-quality sound engineering and packaging to the raw material. Bootlegs usually consist of either unreleased studio recordings, live performances or interviews with an unpredictable level of quality.

When we talked about bootlegs in the 80s, 90s, they were ilegal recordings that circulated of concerts or ilegal studio recordings on cassette tapes.

Last edited:
is a bootleg with permission still a bootleg? lol, its better to make your own ...well, everythig. own your song 100%. An artist can always turn on you and want money if you "bootleg" their work.

There's 5 things or how they called in Music you have Edits,Mashups,Bootlegs,Remixes and Full Production i wanted to learn how to make a proper bootlegs before making remixes, so far in this thread i learned to stay away from bootlegs (still don't know why) and start figuring out how to make remixes, so should i make new thread or search on How to get started on making Remixes ?
Thank you.

Last edited:
You are confused, and/or the young newbs have re-oriented terminology negatively again.

In traditional, legal, music business parlance-- a "bootleg" is an unauthorized recording. A "pirate" recording is an unauthorized reproduction of a legitimate recording, where an attempt to make it look like legitimate product is made, i.e. fraud.

There is such a thing as an "authorized boot," but that is more a marketing term than anything else.

You will not be making any "bootlegs," regardless of what an ill-informed DJ may have told you. Please explain what you are trying to do so we can help, or desist from pursuing the topic.

PS-- Ah, sorry, just read your last response; YES, start a thread on "Remixes!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back