How to get rid of crackling in FL Studio?

Project Live

Hello all, ive recently switched to fl and im really struggling. Ive gone through 10+ youtube videos, tried everything with my audio settings, and am still not able to get rid of crackling. I have put my buffer length to the max, used safe overloads, done every combination of cpu settings, switched my input to my monitors, switched my input to ASIO, and done the thing the exits out of vsts when your not using them. When i use fl i have nothing else running on my PC too. After all this I still get unreal amounts to crackling. Its to the point where i cant even use it. I cant even get through 15 seconds on somethings without the cpu going to 99. Can somebody please help? I honestly have no idea what to do at this point, and its extremely frustrating.

Processor: AMD E-350 Processor 1.6 GHz

RAM: 3.00 GB (2.6 Usable)

Im not sure/I couldnt find what my MOBO design/code is or what that means.

How do I run FL with triple buffer? I think I know what you mean, but could you elaborate on that?

Thanks!

You need more ram there. FL Studio takes up to 4gb of ram when running. Also, a better processor is required to render your audio.

If the CPU is hitting 99%...then it just might be a clue that the CPU is, well, hitting its limits. The E-350 is a "netbook" level CPU; it was built for things like word processing and using the internet, not heavy audio production.

I'm thinking it's got to be the CPU too. I remember I upgraded to a 3.2GHZ dual core processor (from a 2.4GHZ single core) and literally all the crackling was gone.

That AMD 350 is extremely weak for what you want to do. I think the higher your clock speed, the better off you are. And you'll probably be fine with just dual core processing, but if you want quad core, then by all means go for it.

disable your play back devices it always happens with fl 11 sh!t gets annoying but you have to turn that playback devices and you can hear fl studio correctly hope that helps

Last edited:
Note that it works a little differently for FL Studio, meaning if it's hitting 99 % inside it doesn't mean the actual CPU is hitting 99 %. Check the official FL Studio Guru tutorial on this, they explain how this works.

It's good that you've tried without any other programs running except the DAW, however have you tried turning off the Wifi and/or Bluetooth?
Also, make sure that your computer is set to maximum performance (meaning you don't have any battery saving mode enabled and such).

Anyway, try going Tools -> Macros, and select "Switch Smart Disable For All Plugins", preferably try this when the CPU usage is at its worst. This has helped me a lot. Not sure why it technically works, but it does.

Get used to freezing sounds.

Anyway, yeah you'd probably need to upgrade your specs a bit, but see if these suggestion work.

We can't forget that some spikes can rise when a plugin is poorly working. I had problems in the past with the Glitch plugin. Everytime I loaded it into a project, it would go from the normal CPU usage to 99%. And whenever I disabled it, the CPU was just fine.

Now I started using Gross Beat for glitchy things, and there's no problem. So my advice is: also check if isn't a plugin with a bad behaviour as well.

Back