How to get that exact short bass sound, is there a preset anyone can give me!??

CeeJaeMusic

Im desperately trying to find the exact same sounding bass that ive heard in a few songs. Mainly used by the producer Vinylz. Heres some examples:

- Bass starts at 0:22

- Bass starts at 0:08

Last edited by a moderator:
How do i get that exact short bass sound, is there a preset anyone can give me!??

- Bass properly starts at 0:22

I know its not simply a plain Sub Bass ive tried that before. It has like a strangley clean kind of distortion to it and has a kind of different glide to it other than a normal glide/pitch bend on it.

If any one has a preset for it i would be greatly appreciative!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if you heard of this Youtube channel called busy works beats, but on a video titled Drake Trap he shows you exactly how to do it(well not exactly but pretty close)
its basically an 808 with a quick release if you have massive I can send you a preset if that helps:hello:

these are all shaped 808 kick/basses find one you like and modify the attack and decay times and use short durations with an equally short release time.

you will need to use longer durations when creating the pitch bend versions as heard in the 2nd track

Thanks for the response guys. I checked out the video on YouTube and unfortunately i already knew how to do things he did in the video but for some reason i feel it doesn't have the same sound as the bass in those examples. I've tried many techniques using 808s but still no such luck, closes I've got is using a normal sub bass and doing a lot of mixing and effects to it but still can't get the same result as what I'd like

Back