How to get a basic website?

Nimleyx

Hello im trying to figure out how i can get a basic website like this

Official site of Dez Wright

or something with a basic mind where pages are easily accesible i dont know who to go to to design a website

i have a tumblr but i would like a basic website where i can sell beats put up releases/videos etc

I use hostbaby this is my site you don't need to know anything about building a site and that includes registration of website name/hosting/website template that can be easily tweaked
HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | Home

free to try for a month
Websites for Musicians and Bands ? Create a Music Website | HostBaby

contact SFTRAXX he has knowledge of a Wordpress template which a lot of ppl use to make their sites

check out Wordpress
Create a website on WordPress.com today

Wordpress is a good option if you want a basic website. It's simple and there's a lot of themes for it.

Buy a domain, setup a cheap hosting account like hostgator, then link them and install WP.

Thanks yall im gonna go with the wordpress

glad you guys gave me some pointers made me realize there's no excuse for not having a website

Last edited by a moderator:
I would highly recommend using Wordpress as well. The visual editor is great for getting started, and it also allows you to edit the code once you feel more confident with that.

that is anything but a simple website

it is ColdFusion based (an Adobe proprietary technology) and so you cannot see under the hood as everything is loaded at runtime (much cleaner than a fully coded website, but harder to bite)

several pathways to travel including getting someone to provide you with a custom site

but wordpress to start and develop your presence over time - it is important that you own your own domain name rather than relying on some 3rd party to be honest and allow you to take it with you when you move on to a newer hosting site (as most folks do over time)

I'm sure you could find someone to make that for reasonable price. I could create that site in a couple hours. I've never used wordpress but seems to be easy, i see alot of people using Wix also that might be worth looking into.

Something simple like this webpage can be accomplished (for almost free) by using a beat site in conjunction with a free site.
(eg: myflashstore for beat sales and delivery combined with wix/tumblr/weebly for your pages)

I recommend Wordpress also if you can take the time to set it up. If you don't feel like a ton of customization just yet Wix is a good quick and FREE alternative.

I guess really it depends on how well you want your site to look. Do you want it to be professional and unique an (expensive) or do you just want to make the most of a generic layout and have some basic type stuff going on. I don't know how much you can do with wordpress but I guarantee if you got a web designer to set you one up it would more than likely be more professional.

I used go daddy and their web builder (think it's wix). It was very easy and cost £40 for 2 years. I think that's reasonable.

Back