How easy is it to setup sounds for leisurely use with a midi keyboard and DAW?

NoMirrors

I am not sure how engrossed I'll get into making beats, but I know I love to play a keyboard with synths for my leisure or use the sequencer in a keyboard if it has one. I had a Korg M-50 and Triton before and Loved them for it's ease of use but now I want to take a more serious approach to making beats and will get a DAW like Ableton. So, is it easy to setup a midi keyboard like the Akai Pro with Ableton and just mess around with sounds for leisurely playing? If not, I was wondering if I should get the M-50 used, as it's about the same price as a new Akai Pro and use it as a midi... I think the only difference is that the Akai Pro has a drum pad included and I think I could get one of them for under $200 separately... I really appreciate you advice. Thank you.

Do your research on Akai keyboards as the cons outweigh the pros and look into USB keyboards from manufacturers that are not Akai and don't do controllers as controllers require you to use a computer.

The mpk 61 version is what I was looking at getting. The reviews are very good on it. I want to use a computer as I will be using a DAW either way.(if I get the M-50 instead of the Midi Keyboard, I'll just use the M-50 as a controller)

Back