How do you tune your bass and how do you create an 808 bass?

peshti

Hey guys I'm mostly using the vst trilian (I used to only use sample bass and I still do sometimes but at least for me the ones from trilians sounds better then the samples from maschine, I realize this is apples vs oranges kind of thing) so if there's anyone here that use it a lot for hip hop please tell me how do you tweak it and what sound do you use? I realize this differ depending on sample and the sound you're after but any pointers would be appreciated. I know I've asked about bass before but I just can't get it right and I don't find lots of tutorial on the internet either for bass. For samples and drums sure but not bass, at least I haven't found any good ones. Also how do you create an 808 bass? Is an 808bass made from an 808 kick? Any tips for making a good hip hop bass would be appreciated and if you know any tutorials on the net that would be great too.

Thanks!

Last edited:
if you search for tutorials for basic things such as "how to produce a bass or kick or what ever" you gonna have more success if you check out YouTube videos, if you have some specific issues were YouTube videos won´t help, you can use forums to ask specific questions :D

So just watch some videos on YouTube :D

The *real* TR-808 only has a kick drum - that's the basis for the 808 bass as well. Of course nowadays a lot of stuff that's not really even that similar (but just something low and boomy) gets called an "808".

The *real* TR-808 only has a kick drum - that's the basis for the 808 bass as well. Of course nowadays a lot of stuff that's not really even that similar (but just something low and boomy) gets called an "808".

Cool! How do you create an 808 bass from an 808 kick?

Back