How do you shorten the recording countdown in FL Studio?

uheclipse

hey guys im pretty new to FL studio but ive been producing on logic for about 8 months now. Recently my macbook broke and its out of warranty so im saving up to buy a new one. In the mean time ive downloaded fl studio on my old desktop.

Is there a way to shorten the countdown before recording a 8 or 16 bar pattern? It seems if i want to record a 16 bar pattern i have to wait 16 metronome ticks which is way too long lol. I know you can turn off the countdown but i would love it if i could have a 4 tick countdown before recording a 8 or 16 bar pattern. anyone know how to do this?

The pattern length switch in the Step Sequencer is built for the Step Sequencer. If you're recording 8/16 step patterns to the Piano Roll you don't have to set the pattern length to 8/16 steps. Leave the Step Sequencer pattern length at "--", turn off Loop Recording, and freely record as long as you'd like following the 4 step pre-count. When you're done recording the amount of data you want just stop inputting data and press Stop.
but how would you know how long youve been recording?

Do you just record while in the piano roll to see how many bars youve played?

Back