how do i get started??

nig26

i make beats and im good at it i use fl and i want to get heard and become a producer how do i do this? step by step also do i need to copyright my beats how long do they need to be how many on a cd? and where would i send it to etc.

just start watching tutorials. if you really think it's fun after your 5th video, keep it up and search for more

I wouldnt worry about copywriting. You dont need to copywrite. As long as you have the files time stamped on your computetyou will be good in court.

But like someone said watch tutorials. And then put your own influences into it

check out cdbaby.com. Ive never used it though.

Make a whole album or single and upload it to places like Napster/rhapsody and iTunes.

I just put my stuff on there yesterday.

I'd start by first off making some moves on a local level...

Theres always a rapper/singer/mc looking for music... Find them. Release with them. Build your portfolio. Their fans become your fans as long as your name is on the product.
With more releases under your belt, selling the product becomes easier.

Either or.... just want to launch my career of choice...

I haven't reached the level of success that I am shooting for yet. But I know how I plan to get there.

The first step for you would be to get your music out there to as many platforms available. I recommend copyrighting your music. I have all of mine copyrighted, it will make things much easier when you sell licenses, grant certain rights to publishers or labels and when you need to sue someone for infringing on your copyrights.

I wouldnt worry about copywriting. You dont need to copywrite. As long as you have the files time stamped on your computetyou will be good in court.

But like someone said watch tutorials. And then put your own influences into it

Don't follow that copyright advice.

All the questions you are asking have been answered, we've all wondered them and people on google have answered them, also on this site there are a few threads but i know they can be very vague. Also i highly recommend getting a few books on music business, publishing etc. Look on amazon for a good deal. Hope that helps :)

Back