How do I get my Songs Recognized

T

TheDiesel

Hey guys, new to the forum. I was wondering how I would go about trying to get my songs/beats recognized by people in the industry. Is there a certain website/company that I could send them to in order to try and gain recognition and possible song opportunities. I wonder what you guys have done to try and get your songs out in the open and into the hand of the "right people". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

simply be in the right place at the right time.

build up with people in your city.
start small and build up. this is a relationship based industry so if you don't know anyone, you're sol. you should start building with local working djs. they will introduce you to their friends and so on. just network in your town. if you keep focus on your town, you eventually will become the person to meet in your city. your goal is to become 'ambassador' of your city. then after you build enough out of town relationships then when you go to different cities people will show you around.

dwells said:
simply be in the right place at the right time.

build up with people in your city.
start small and build up. this is a relationship based industry so if you don't know anyone, you're sol. you should start building with local working djs. they will introduce you to their friends and so on. just network in your town. if you keep focus on your town, you eventually will become the person to meet in your city. your goal is to become 'ambassador' of your city. then after you build enough out of town relationships then when you go to different cities people will show you around.

damn thats some good advice.......

yea pretty much what the 1st poster said..its all about networking and relationships......

my homegirl whos tryna be an A&R told me '90% of bein in da music biz is based on relationships/connects...the other 10% is talent'

fuked up...i know...

truthfully, I think it's 70% relationships, 15% money, 10% discography, and 5% talent. with a 5% margin of error.

Forget relying on MySpace.

Get out in the real world, get to the clubs, shows, wherever.

Start shaking hands and showing them what you're about. You can show a person a lot more about yourself in person than you can through a poorly designed myspace with ****ty youtube embedded videos everywhere and text that's nearly the same color as the background, and all the spam bots.

yeah...im not too familiar with the whole music biz but I kno with dealing with local bands and stuff, they play their music where ever and whenever possible. they make tons of friends with anyone and everyone because some kid who you think wouldn't make a very big impact on ur music could possibly have a relative or friend in the biz that could hook u up...I found that out the hard way

Depends on what you want to be recognized for. My eternal struggle has been not catering to any specific audience and therefore not having much of one. If you want to be recognized for good music, seek out the folks that would enjoy what you've got so that your overall approval rating is higher.

If you want to be recognized for mediocrity and general whackness, tell everyone your **** is the best **** and will blow up the industry and be the next big thing and all that.

Strike a balance, anyway. And stay humble.

Back