How do I get this kick drum sound.

What do I need to do to get this kick drum sound?

youtube.com/watch?v=V_x1jjyglxI

I've been using Ableton Live for three years and have tried numerous VST's but this kick drum has eluded me the whole time. I know I could sample the sound and add it to Drum Rack but I would like the pure sound not just a sample.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

What a pleasant song, with such a lovely sentiment! A sort of "Season's Greetings" kind of tune...

What you might try is layering a standard electronic kick with a synth tom sound, or some kind of keyed synth tone. Maybe you could use an envelope-follower.

I used to get a kick drum like that on my Mattel Synsonics drum-machine.

GJ

Last edited:
If you don't find the kick you're looking for out of the thousands in the following kit, there is not hope for you ;-)

I've took the time to upload this find for you and I know there's some of the kicks you want in there, if not hundreds.

http://limelinx.com/f42po

If you don't find the kick you're looking for out of the thousands in the following kit, there is not hope for you ;-)

I've took the time to upload this find for you and I know there's some of the kicks you want in there, if not hundreds.

lol..yeah you're right. Found one that will work great with some minor tweaking. Thanks!

Back