How to do this on fl studio?

twranks

Hey guys/galz
Newbie alert:D. I really would appreciate it is someone could tell me what the effect(if that's what it is) used on the dirty guitars at the beginning of the first verse of Avicii's "wake me up" is and a link (or a post) on how to make this effect on fl studio. Thanks and I look forward to learning more from this forum to make me a better producer!

There are multiple effects on the guitar but the one you're talking about I think is automating the cutoff.

where it goes from a 'normal' sounding acoustic and kind of fades down? Its just cutting off the high end frequencies using a slope in automation. Pretty sure thats what you're talking about.

If you want quick answers post the video next time you ask a question.

holy ^$#% 411 MILLION views.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are multiple effects on the guitar but the one you're talking about I think is automating the cutoff.
Once you said cutoff, I was sure we were on the same page. Can you show me something like a youtube tutorial that teaches you how to do this? I would have posted the video, but I have less than five posts atm :(

Once you said cutoff, I was sure we were on the same page. Can you show me something like a youtube tutorial that teaches you how to do this? I would have posted the video, but I have less than five posts atm :(

Just get your acoustic sound loaded on your synth and right click on the cutoff the enable automation for it. You can do this for any knob/slider anywhere. Then you can just draw in the slope with your pencil. Its a pretty easy concept, if you still need help you won't have a problem finding videos to enable automation in Fl studio. Don't worry about finding videos where you need to enable automation for the cut off. Its the same for all of them.

Back