How do average producers/artist get alot of social media followers?

Andrelo

Hello forum!
I have been producing music for about 18 months and I have been in social media putting my stuff and tracks on instagram and twitter for about 8 months... the things is that i haven't got a lot of followers(since I started, followers has grown to about 300 followers)

I just want to know how other producers and artist do it. I have seen other users and they are just average, and I mean they are like at the same level as me, but they get more likes and have more followers.. So I think I am doing something wrong!.
But I want to know from experience people how do they do it to get a lot of followers and likes,especially people that are just average.!

I know that there are some services that you can pay to get popular on the internet around the people you are aiming to, but do all people use this services..?

Hope you guys can help me!
Andrelo

- They use fakes
- Their music maybe better than you think
- They connect better. Using social media is more than upload the own stuff.

Most are popular at school so most of their likes and following is because people actually know them and entourage their dicks. Even if their beats are actually wack, their friends will like it anyway because they feel its cool to like the popular kid's stuff.

Some are just talented socially, they have an audience just to read their funny or thought provoking posts.

And as mentioned, dude could be really talented on the beats than you think.

Most are popular at school so most of their likes and following is because people actually know them and entourage their dicks. Even if their beats are actually wack, their friends will like it anyway because they feel its cool to like the popular kid's stuff.

Some are just talented socially, they have an audience just to read their funny or thought provoking posts.

And as mentioned, dude could be really talented on the beats than you think.

Yea man at the end of the day it's all politics. Talent/skill hardly matters anymore. But the best thing I can say is try talking to people online and offline. It's better to connect with 3 people that will actually pay attention and like your posts/music than 300 that could care less. So just try talking with people one on one everyday and see if it works.

I'm at the same point, trying to find the right formula for creating some online presence.. I believe just putting in the work and being consistent will eventually pay off. I say work til your beats just simpy cant go un-noticed

I don't think instagram and Facebook are useful at all. Spotify is by far the most true platform today. I'm trying to move my soundcloud following over to spotify and apple music. But I personally like to gather "followings" from websites that actually care about what I do. Facebook and Instagram is too broad and don't have a specific categories to meet and work with people in your field.

Instagram is pointless unless you're a model, ...and Facebook turned into myspace when the people from myspace joined in...so it's pretty useless as well.

Edit: And it's really funny actually, you see all of these "producers" and "musicians" on instagram with 10s of thousands of followers but you go to their soundcloud and they only have 18 or 19 there ...so i don't get it. lol they should be pretty even across the board if it's real.

Last edited:
I have found that Instagram is the easiest social media platform to build followers with. Something about their algorithm and simple interface seems to make it easy for users to find what they are interested in. Most people that I start to interact with follow me back. Posting video clips of music on soundcloud is a good way to get people to listen to your music. Then just put a link to your soundcloud page in the bio.

Last edited:
use hashtags on Instagram, connect with the people, its only work when you put in the actual work, its not easy but doable.

^ yes. A lot actually. This is where the people serious about music and production kick it. Facebook is the new myspace with the left over sheep who just try to follow trends, but are stuck in yesterdays trends so...

...yes, you definitely meet some important people on sites like this.

Last edited:
When i first started producing i wasnt even uploading beats to instagram and still dont now. I just post pictures of my life like you would do on your personal acount. I hate it when you see a producer's instagram and its just their beats, switch it up and post some images of things too. like peoples photos, communicate with people. Damn i only been on instagram for 5 months and hit over 11k followers now gaining about 1000 a week, just because im active on there. I post a picture a day. Dont just upload snippets of beats with a few hashtags and expect loads of followers to come in

I would focus more of your attention to meeting people in person and trying to build and email list off of them. That way you can keep track of your following more easily and plus you'll be able to keep track of if they see your content or not . But also SoundCloud and YouTube are better for building your fan base while twitter and Instagram are better for maintaining your fan base

Oh and stay on here too! As long as your actively contributing to the forum in a positive way I am sure you'll gain a few fans off of here!

Meet people in person, then they'll follow you on social media. Also tweet ALOT, like other peoples' posts, retweet them etc..

As far as soundcloud goes its all about having a good sound and hard at promoting in and outside of the site its not easy and takes i started using sound cloud in 2013 now in 2017 i have over 7000 followers on my main page so it works just takes time

Back