How did you land your first major placement?

DecadeZ

Hey,

Everyone has their own way of going about placing beats with major artists. If you are a new producer that is just recently getting there first big placements or you are a vet that has been in the game for years. What is the story of how you landed your first major placement? Whether that is a song with a big artist,music in a major tv show or film or simply background music in a video game. What happened?

haven't got there yet but if you have any advice, please share and I'll stick around for other people's stories. I've been just an independent artist mainly, but I'm open for opportunities and collabs.

My first TV placement (NFL Network) came thru an indie pub deal I had back in 2011...that was pretty much the only placement they got me. lol Didn't stay with them long. Then my first major artist placement (Tamar Braxton) stemmed from a relationship I built with a songwriter after coming in 2nd place on a remix contest. We worked on a bunch of covers together and then one day he hit me up to work on Tamar's Christmas album.

It all started for me when i was DJing at house parties, i used to sneak my beats into my mixes by using a famous acapella & my beat in a mashup, one night a record label exec came to one of my event and i played my tracks and the crowd knew it was my shhh, so i seen him give me the nod and then walk away to continue partying. At the end of the night i was surprised the man was still there as i was packing up my gear he came over gave me his card at this time it was a indie label and he asked me to give him a shout if i wanna make real money. I told him it's not about the money music is my passion and he looked at me and then said you da man, holla at me.

I did my first official placement at universities for producing beats for studio engineer teachers, i did that gig for about six months then i became a in-house producer for the label, that lasted 2 years when we got into intellectual disagreements and i part way and started to study the art of mixing. From then to now i mostly mix for indie labels or artists and ghost produce for some high-level producers, when i get bored or full of energy and need time away from the studio i take part or attend Music Seminars what is also a great way to link up for more business or partnership.

I gave too much away already im going to stop now, lol nah but it all good.

Back