How did my music end up in other websites/ads?

If you use Soundcloud try to copy and paste your name into google and you might be surprised to see your music showing up in other third party websites. This is why when I share my music on the internet, I never write the exact title of the song I'm sharing. I always try to use shorten links or replace the title with something else and when people click on the link it direct them to my Soundcloud. But never post the same song title. I just want my privacy. lol.

Well, if you read their ToS, you might find something that would answer your questions:

From JLJ
Links To Other Web Sites
[FONT=Segoe UI_]Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Just Listen Loud.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI_]Just Listen Loud has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Just Listen Loud shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI_]We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.[/FONT]

OnePlaylist uses some kind of Spotify API and switches between players like youtube or soundcloud. I doubt there's anything you could do about that.

Last edited:
Well, if you read their ToS, you might find something that would answer your questions:

From JLJ

OnePlaylist uses some kind of Spotify API and switches between players like youtube or soundcloud. I doubt there's anything you could do about that.

Not sure how their website got anything to do with Soundcloud. I never signed up through OnePlaylist.

When I found my music on there, I did look who uplaoded it. And it shows this person's name. Maybe a random person shared it there?

I would guess that the play lists are created by people who like your music?

As for use in ads, that is a clear breach of copyright - have you registered your works yet? are you signed to PRO (ASCAP/BMI/SOCAN/APRA/AMCOS/etc)?

Track and report any unauthorised to your PRO - they will collect the correct royalties including any synchronisation rights (if used as soundtrack for an ad it is synch right not normal mechanical royalties) - oneplaylist cannot avoid paying royalties eve if they claim they are aggregating other sources into a single playback location - if it goes out over their player then they are responsible for the payment of mechanical royalties

Last edited:
Yea man I ran into the same problem. A lot of sites download/rip music off of others...kind of hard to keep track though. But just type your name in Google and you'll see...

This isn't a rip-off though - it's just embedding your tracks, perfectly legally. My stuff is on OnePlaylist as well; there's a playlist created by a "person" called David, which most likely is simply a bot. Not entirely sure if this helps, but you can turn off the embedding function from the track's permissions...whether or not this stops it from being included in other people's playlists (which can also be embedded), dunno.

Back