How can I make a Yeezus or MBDTF type beat!?

I.L.E.ME.N8

Hello guys, I was wondering how can I make a "Hellish" "Rockish" "abstractive" type beats. A good example would be Kanye's upcoming song "I'm not home" or like no church in the wild, gorgeous, Power, hold my liquor etc. My dominant Daw is Fl studio. Which VsT/plugins should I use??

Last edited:
Ehm.. I have no idea what those kind of beats are, but it doesn't matter because this applies to everything.. If you want to create something similar to what other people have done, then you need to use similar things and arrange them in a similar fashion. Nobody can tell you what vst you should use, because you won't create the same kind of beats just because you have the same kind of gear.

Study the music, what makes the beats the way they are? Then you just have to find a way to replicate it.

Go you sleep with it on repeat.

You'll pick it up subconsciously and you'll be able to make it the next morning without even thinking about it...

If you want to make a yeezus type beat, you have to make everything except a rap beat. Start with real instruments, create a melody (beautiful, harmonic, not very simple, not very hard (LIKE NEW SLAVES OUTRO)) and then delete the main elements and then distort everything and but bouncy rythm behing that thing. That should do it!

Back