How can i get more productive ?

BeatsByD

I see these producers from youtube that uploads 4-5 beats a week and i dont even make that in a month.

Im no pro, but i know how to make beats, but i always start up and then maybe i will not like the beat i worked on later, or i will never get to finish it.

Any of you have advice on how i can be more productive ?
I know it might be a stupid question with no real answer, but i mean do you have a workflow where you make many beats or something ?

I want to start a youtube channel and things like that but i feel like i dont make enough beats for that

I see these producers from youtube that uploads 4-5 beats a week and i dont even make that in a month.

Im no pro, but i know how to make beats, but i always start up and then maybe i will not like the beat i worked on later, or i will never get to finish it.

well that's the problem right there isn't it? force yourself to finish the beat

There's nothing wrong with not liking your stuff, not everything is meant to be. Either save it to work on later, or just move on to a new project.
It takes a lot of self discipline to sit down and work at anything, let alone sitting at a computer and making music. Try and work on self-discipline in general and maybe it will carry over into you being more consistent with using your free time to make music.

To put in perspective, I like to think if you have time to play video games, then you have time to instead be doing something that could impact your quality of life. I imagine if the youtube people your speaking of are making that many beats, they're getting paid to do so from some third party or making money from advertisements as people do on youtube these days. They have significantly more incentive than you do at this point.

BeatsByD;4***7748 said:

Any of you have advice on how i can be more productive ?
I know it might be a stupid question with no real answer, but i mean do you have a workflow where you make many beats or something ?

I want to start a youtube channel and things like that but i feel like i dont make enough beats for that

Not sure what to tell ya tbh, I either separate the process into halves or do both sound design and beatmaking in one go :/

Find what works for you, takes a while.

Thanks for your replies.

I know it seems like a stupid question (maybe it is lol)

But maybe someone would have some tips.

I looked around the net and read this tip.

If you are using FL Studio, take you tracks into the playlist and arrange instead of having everything in one pattern. I think this will help me, i think if do it the other way i feel limited for some reason.

I used to use fl till I switched to other daws and can tell you that yes, fl studio actually has one odd limit. It's pattern mode is not as flexible as the playlist, it registers the entire bar and doesn't stop the pattern at where it actually stops. but doing everything in the playlist instead eliminates that issue.

just do your thing in your own way. its not about the number. its about the quality.
if you cant make 3-4 beats a weak, just make one amazing beat that people cant help but listen to...

Back