Hola! Introduction from cR8!

cR8!

What's good beatmakers, engineers, rappers, whoever may be reading this.

I've been making beats since 2010, but you could say I've been seriously pursuing this since last year. I've also picked up and decided to back off of engineering in that time too.

I can't say that I've picked up a particular sound or style to shoot for yet. Right now, it's kinda whatever I hear in the sample or whatever I hear when I mess around on the keyboard/maschine pads.

Far as influences go, I'm definitely a "boom-bap" guy. Premier, 9th Wonder, Dilla, Pete Rock, etc., etc, but i'm not so locked into it that I can't appreciate the newer stuff.

I'll be posting stuff eventually. Hopefully, we can exchange technical critiques, appreciation, unappreciation, sarcastic and lewd comments, etc., etc, in a polite manner.

Stay up!

cR8!

Check out my soundcloud man.....link should be in the signature now. Let me know if anything catches your ear. You have any way to record vocals?

Greetings cR8! I'm also in a similar journey as yourself; taking music production much more seriously in the past year. Hopefully we get to hear what you have to offer. I'm sure you have some great tracks already.

Glad to meet you Battlegun. I would've posted tracks by now, but I hadn't met the 5 post rule yet. I'm sure I'm there now though....:D

Went and checked out you and your brother's band on soundcloud, and what you got sounds really good. How long have you been producing for? Do you and your brother play instruments or is it midi programming?

Glad to meet you Battlegun. I would've posted tracks by now, but I hadn't met the 5 post rule yet. I'm sure I'm there now though....:D

Went and checked out you and your brother's band on soundcloud, and what you got sounds really good. How long have you been producing for? Do you and your brother play instruments or is it midi programming?

Me and my brother have been producing music for over 12 years, mainly on Garageband. We've recently switched to FL Studio now as our main program for music production. Both of us are proficient in real guitar, bass, and piano, but we also like to use midi sounds and libraries in our music as well.

I've looked through your Soundcloud page as well and I'm impressed with what I've seen. Songs like "The End" and "Anger" are really unique. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Back