Hip hop producer

Dwell

Hello I'm korean and Now I'm 18 years old in korean (17 years old in U.S.A) who want to be a pro Hip hop producer and variable music compose in Midi
Can I ask something that I want to know?
1. What Harmonics Do I must learn to compose hip hop melody better?
2. What practice Do I need to increase my drum and melody skills?
3. What book Do you recommend?
4. (Seperate One) What education or Practice Do I need to be a pro dj?
That's all for me
(Thanks to comment to this questions

Last edited:
Welcome but don't concern yourself with being a pro in the era of albums not selling like in the 1990s as you will be disappointed financially and how old are you and what's your education level?

Have a particular lane and run with it e.g. don't try to do everything e.g. you don't need to be a DJ to produce Hip Hop and if you want to learn an instrument learn at least no more than 1 and learn 1 that can be the basis for your production(s).

Don't over think it. Its music, so enjoy it.

Study the music you enjoy. Study the people who make it. Then study the people that inspired them and their music. Read books about them, their work and how they made it. Read books about the people who worked with them and about the equipment they used. Then those small details you're looking for make more sense. They end up as nuggets of wisdom you add to your music. Music you feel and enjoy.

So enjoy it and work backwards to study what you enjoy.

Otherwise, welcome to FP!

jus practice making music the rest will come to u,its all trial an error ithink. experiment dont be scared an have funn'

agreed enjoy the process of learning the art and dont get fustrated when things dont go your way thats the hardest part alot of people quit when that happens

I think the best place to start is with music theory and composition. Learn how to construct a song. Usually I say piano is the best, cause its easiest and cheapest, but guitar works too..

Back