High pitched noise from powered monitors and headphones?

Headtones

Hey, so ever since I got my Sennheiser 280s and my Korg PMs I've noticed a high pitched noise whenever audio is transmitted to the speakers or headphones. I'm fairly certain this has to do with my wiring, but could it be my soundcard or something with my drivers? I don't have the issue when I'm listening to music off iTunes, YouTube, or on my phone, so it definitely isn't the equipment. And no, it's not tinnitus :P.

So whenever audio is transmitted, you have that problem, except from other places that sends audio to them? Where exactly do you get this issue?

Are you using balanced cables? What connections are you using? Do you have an audio interface?

Last edited:
given the description it should not be the soundcard but it is hard to be certain - what freq is the noise at? 16kHz or higher? somewhere else?

I assert that the soundcard is not the problem because you have no issues with iTunes and youtube (unless of course you access these from a different computer?)

you could be experiencing fold-over noise if you are generating frequency material near or above the Nyquist frequency for your sample rate (assuming something as low as 44.1kHz)

more information is definitely needed

Back