Hey, New to this I would really like for some help.

Myturn

Hey, my name is Daniel im 20 Years old. All my life i've listened to Hip-Hop ,House ,Psytrance ,Minimal ,Trap And more but those 5 is my main.
I really enjoy Hip-hop and Trap music especially, After alot of months that i wondered if i should try to produce Beats. I've decided that i'll give it a shot.
That was really hard to decide beacuse if i gonna do this ,I know that im going to put all my efforts in it.
After i read all the 'Sticky' theards i decided to open my own theard where i ask for help, I really dont know where should i start from, What should i read of the tutorials or what programs should i use ,or gear.
I would really like for some help, someone who can open my eyes and make this whole mess a lil bit clearly for me so i could start producing with a plan of what steps should i take as i learn.
All i have now is a Fine Windows computer and 2 Microlab Speakers.
I can send my phone number ,Skype or anything else so we could talk freely and comftrable.
Thanks alot!

Last edited:
Welcome, please know that producing high quality work takes a lifetime, know why you want to produce e.g. are you doing it 'cause you like listening, esp. regarding Trap (please know that not everyone relates to its lyrical content) or to be popular and/or to "get on" in the music biz (which is tanking in the traditional sense).

You may want to upgrade your comp and get some non-computer monitors e.g. some studio speakers specifically for music production. An interface and a DAW e.g. FL Studio, Cubase, Studio One, etc. is a must plus headphones (not the gaming kind).

I and others here can lead you but we can't make you think. Gotta be willing to do your homework.

Last edited:
Welcome, please know that producing high quality work takes a lifetime, know why you want to produce e.g. are you doing it 'cause you like listening, esp. regarding Trap (please know that not everyone relates to its lyrical content) or to be popular and/or to "get on" in the music biz (which is tanking in the traditional sense).

You may want to upgrade your comp and get some non-computer monitors e.g. some studio speakers specifically for music production. An interface and a DAW e.g. FL Studio, Cubase, Studio One, etc. is a must plus headphones (not the gaming kind).

I and others here can lead you but we can't make you think. Gotta be willing to do your homework.
Now it all starts from a habbit to the Rap music and few friends that rap , I just want to sit in my room recording my friends and have fun. BUT , If i really going to get better in a year or two ,I would really like to make money from it.
Is it possible to do that? Do beats worth money, Like .. can i live from that? I would like you to lead me through the start so i could see the light in the end of the tunnel so i could know where to go, I got alot dumb questions like -> Do i buy FL? What gear should i buy (with a low budge, just to try how it goes for me) And shit like that , And its not gotta be Trap ,I really like to try other styles. But trap seems like a good start for me.
,Thanks!

Please, if it is in your head, get the instant gratification mindset that you must make money to be successful in music, making money isn't inherently wrong, but there is no field where fast money exists, music included. If you want to be good at this a year won't do as making quality music takes a lifelong commitment regardless of age. Beats are worthless in the current era of music and you don't have to sell beats to be a music producer. Many people who lived off of beats were what was known as super producers in the late 90s and early 2000s back when album budgets justified the amount producers got from tracks. Get a non-music career so you can be free to create the kind of music you want to. What is your formal education level?

It's not necessary but learning to play at least no more than 1 instrument allows you to understand music theory/composition, when I say play, I don't mean piano roll in FL. Thing about an instrument is it's powered by you the minute you proceed to pluck, blow, bang, etc. so I urge you to go for it and expect to practice.

Man thank you very much! , Lots of appreciation. I've started using FL studio ,If you guys can throw me some tips with what should i start or do STEP BY STEP ,Or usefull tutorials for my level i would really be happy. And if you have more usefull tutorials for begginers like MIDI ,DAW ,and such.. You know things that i should know before i even touch the FL studio it will be cool.
And i wanted to know ,what most of the people use now days and find it comfortable... MPC ,MPK,MPD.

Last edited:
The help button in your daw will be hundreds of youtube videos covered in a week.
And practice a ton. I started when I was in middle school and still learning a lot about how music works.

Instruments, daws, mixing & mastering etc. This is pretty much something you'd have to try out for yourself to see if this is something you plan on keeping on doing.

Back