Hey, I'm Adam

dirkdigles

Hey everyone!

Hope your day is going well. OGBama recommended I register here, so here it goes.

I'm a former mechanical engineer who left corporate about 4 years ago to pursue music full time. Moved back to my hometown from Chicago to save $$$ and get my skills up to snuff. My influences are pretty far and wide - listened to all the rap greats of the 90s, but was also into smooth jazz & funk (think Jamiroquai & incognito). Might have listened to backstreet & nsync in the late 90s as well... Had a huge phase of being into house music, and I still love it. I'm also somewhat into musical theatre; well, enough to currently be writing a musical, somewhat based on my personal journey.

Anyway, I have a comedic hip-hop project ("Guff & Boogie." I'm Boogie.) with a good friend and I think you guys will enjoy. Anything we can do to brighten your day! :)

Happy to chat or answer any questions etc. Will be posting our first track in the Showcase forum shortly.

Best,
-Adam

Admire your courage to left corporate and pursue your dream. I am thinking to do the same but I still need few years to save some money. All the best to your music career.

Admire your courage to left corporate and pursue your dream. I am thinking to do the same but I still need few years to save some money. All the best to your music career.

Leaving the day job isn't courageous, it is fool hardy. It is a mistake to think that you don't need to work in order to pursue what you dream of, with that being said, money from music is at a low considering that albums aren't selling as much as they did in the 90s and there are no such thing as, in Hip Hop and R&B, super producers as this is the era of the non-super producer.

Take it or leave it, real talk from me. Don't quit whatever your day career is. If you have one, don't quit it.

^ then you're not a producer or an artist - you are whatever you're doing for your day job.

Last edited:
Back