hey guys and girls i am 17 years old

jamesander

i wanna start production and i dont know anything about music theory .i am reading books about it.can i really be a good producer if i start from now.

When did you become interested in production and what genre(s) do you want to produce and what do you listen to?

i love deep house and progressive house.i have been listening electronic songs for about 2 years.these years were so good.

I started around that time. Watched some videos mostly. I didn't read a book until I was in college and, even then, I don't rely on it. Learn how to use the programs and start messing around with things. Find out what you're good at and then push yourself outside the box. No reason you can't be good right this second.

if you haven't chosen a computer program or DAW, I suggest you choose fl studio 9,10,11,12 are really good. Then, go to youtube and watch Busyworksbeats tutorial, specifically beginner's guide. Good luck, I will support you because i wanna see more girls producing.

Well any age, you are able to do it. I don't know much about music theory at all apart from what is self taught but my songs don't sound too bad. As long as you have passion and want to create music for fun. If you got a good ear, and know basic chords.. You can start producing and get better over time.

I'm a rap artist who's just started out and my production is not great but would love for some feedback :)

my sound cloud and youtube name are - AshDanOfficial

would mean a load for people to check them out and leave feed back.. bare in mind i'm an amateur

Back