Hey Guys

apestudio

Hi Everyone,

Spent past few months learning about music theory / effects / blah blah blah, but I realized it wouldn't get me any better. Because I have zero background in music, I thought learning music languages were first thing to do.

I thought spending time online for tutorials and music theory would someday get me better in producing, but it did not. I use Ableton as my DAW of choice. My passion for beat producing is big and clear, but sometimes I am scared that I am not talented and may not get better. I have a full time job from 8-5 that pays me good salary, but it is not what I want to do for life. Just wanted to lay down my background, please recommend me a way to force myself into getting better at hip hop beat producing.

I found future producers to learn from you producers, so one day, I can reach my goals.

Cheers to all producers

Welcome, music is a journey, not a destination. Whatever you do, keep your 9-to-5 as this is not the get rich/wealthy from music era. Nothing wrong with theory as music is a language.

Thank you OGBama, Not saying Music theory did not help me at all, for me, I think it helped me more than I thought.
But it did not really help me in producing, I know I am getting greedy and wants to get better fast, but I am enjoying it. I hope I can enjoy it very long, with less stress.

You'll get there. You can definitely make money in music but you have to spend the time in order to start earning the money. Being that music is largely entrepreneurial, there is a huge risk in the early years, ...if you dig deep through those start up years, you'll see the reward. :) ...It takes time and you have to sacrifice a lot as your peers move forward with more money in other careers.

Music isn't like a donut shop, that you get an investment for, open up shop, and start selling donuts. There's a skill and talent required for successful music and that *ish takes time to get good at! You'll know when your songs are similar in quality and musically to the big successful tunes. Once you get your talent to that level, you can take an investment/loan and start a nice studio business, but you have to be able to produce good records before you do any of that.
Success will come if you want it bad enough. :)

Welcome to the forum. it's nice to meet ya!

Last edited:
Back