Help me decide on a producer name!

Which sounds best for a producer's name?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

terry_oi

TerryVibes Productions
I have made several beats (mostly reggae) and i want to find a name so i can start leasing/selling them on Soundclick etc. But i haven't decided on the name yet which is holding me back..So i thought i'd make a poll with what i've come up so far and see what other people think would be best/catchier for a name. My actual name is Terry so i was thinking something close to that. Feel free to suggest anything else you may think of!

I'm resurrecting this thread,since now i'm in a new dilemma :) Thanks to the suggestions here,i had finally decided on the name 'TerryVibes'.But i tried to make a new email account and it seems this name was already taken.The only close available was 'TerryVibez'.
I know it's not that important(!),but do you think that TerryVibez might be a better choice for a name after all?? So what i'm asking is 'TerryVibes' or 'TerryVibez',what do you think?

You could just make an email TerryVibesProductions or something like that! TerryVibez looks cool too tho, so up to you.

What about real name? Many producers went from their real names :) Leslie, West..

Took the words out of my mouth.

I personally think using your real name makes you appear more professional. It's just like if you're a singer/songwriter to me. I'd rather do serious business with Terry Williams than TerryVibezManiacBeatz. I'll pay TerryVibez a couple of bucks for his beats, but if I have a budget I'll fly Terry Williams out to LA to produce my 4th track on my new CD.

Maybe it's just me.

Took the words out of my mouth.

I personally think using your real name makes you appear more professional. It's just like if you're a singer/songwriter to me. I'd rather do serious business with Terry Williams than TerryVibezManiacBeatz. I'll pay TerryVibez a couple of bucks for his beats, but if I have a budget I'll fly Terry Williams out to LA to produce my 4th track on my new CD.

Maybe it's just me.

Ohh exactly what Im thinking! It's just more professional. TerryVibezBeatz sounds more like a guy who makes music with his laptop and mouse. But Terry Williams seems like an artist/musician who makes music using his software and can play at least one instrument (it's important!)

But it's not always like that. You can see Jahil Beats sign for Roc-A-Fella. But when it comes to me I want to be an artist in what I do, so that's why my aim is to play two instruments and be able to make magic with my DAW. That's why I will use my real name as soon as I'll be ready :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back