Help with getting Studio Started!!!

Djstunna

First of all I would like to say that I am a total newbie when it comes to audio production and recording. I am in the process now of constructing a home studio and I need advice on certain equipment. My budget is not necessarily limited, but not trying to spend a fortune.

First off, I need a mixer and an audio interface to route the signal to my dad's, fl studio and studio one.

What are my best bets for a mixer and audio interface? (I only do mix recordings and the rest of the tracks are computer generated).

How do I connect my mixer to my audio interface and route the signals going into the mixer and out of the daw?

Should I invest in mix preamp, compressers and EQ preamps?

I want to be as professional as I can be working in a home environment.

why exactly do you need a mixer????

an audio interface you be all you need to
1.hook up and power your mic
2.get signal inside your DAW and out to your monitor(speakers professional call our speakers MONITORS)

You don't need a outboard Eq,compressor,or outboard preamp
outboard Eq,compressors,and preamps are great if you're after a certain sound

but you have more options if you record your vocals clean and add character/effects later

what kind of things will you be recording???

will you be just producing music????

this is a dj mixer for turntables or cddjs, is my guess fatal, however more info is needed to be sure

You only need 3 pieces of hardware.

1. An audio interface. (I Own M-Audio)
2. Decent set of monitors (Own Rokit 8's)
3. Midi player (Own M-Audio also)

Sounds like you've got your DAW so good to go after that

First of all I would like to say that I am a total newbie when it comes to audio production and recording. I am in the process now of constructing a home studio and I need advice on certain equipment. My budget is not necessarily limited, but not trying to spend a fortune.

First off, I need a mixer and an audio interface to route the signal to my dad's, fl studio and studio one.

What are my best bets for a mixer and audio interface? (I only do mix recordings and the rest of the tracks are computer generated).

How do I connect my mixer to my audio interface and route the signals going into the mixer and out of the daw?

Should I invest in mix preamp, compressers and EQ preamps?

I want to be as professional as I can be working in a home environment.

are you going full in the box? (meaning you're going to use on plugins)

if yes, invest on a good pc with an i7 and at least 8gm of ram.

Plugins are good enough no need to spend for external gear if you don't know how to use it yet :)

Good luck

Back