Help on breaks tune please!

eightrax

Hey guys ive just started producing again after a six year break and have decided to make some breaks music!
Ive made a start on a tune but would love some creative input on it, any ideas welcome :-)

DJ Mat White

This really should go in the showcase your music part of the site, but I rarely see any other fans of breakbeat and stuff, so I might as well...
I like this, but it does seem pretty plain sounding, try either varying the break a little, or maybe filling it with some quick hats or something, also the kick is a little too strong in my opinion. The synths coming in is a great sound, so no complaints there, personally I would bring in a subtle melody that uses the full scale more, to make it come together more though. It sounds good, but it doesnt really seem like it has too much of a tonal center, not sure if thats intentional or not, but thats just what I'd do.

hello buddy thanks for the feedback!

im new to all this... where is the showcase part of the site please?
also, i would appreciate some more info on quick hats... i have hit a brick wall with the hat side of thing and want to recreate the "sloshing" style hat arrangements in popular breaks!

thanks again

mat

Just go to "forums" or click the site logo at the top left corner, and youll see all the boards. Its like the 10th board down.
And Im not exactly sure what you mean by the sloshing sound, can you post a youtube video of a song that has it or something?

feedback

okay cool. i just meant having more hats than just the offbeat one that I have... so it adds a more complete reverberant sound. do you have any hi hat tutorials or arrangement pics that you could point me in the direct of please?

mat

Back