Help

tverdi95

for anyone whos takes the time to see and read this thank you, i have been involved with edm for 4 years or so now and would really want to get into producing and remixing and what not can anyone help as to where the F to i begine! it would be much appreciated :4theloveofgod:

There's quite a few people here that I'm sure would be willing to help out. You gotta be a little more specific though... Do you have any equipment or software? Musical background? What do you need to know?

no i dont have musical backround i dont have equipment except for ableton live trial but this is where i am stuck, as to where i can learn or what i should get to practice on and learn from as a begginer im very motivated to do this but just dont know where... thanks for th response

Still a bit vague to me tbh

What do you want to do?
What is your goal?
What do you like?
Do you want to make music?
Make beats?
Do you want to produce?
Engineer?
You mention ableton, how do you like it so far? Did you try demos of other DAWs? Reason, logic, FL studio, pro tools, etc.
Did you check youtube?
Did you read the manual of ableton?
Did you check the stickies of FP?
There's tons of theory out there. This question has been asked before on the FP forum. Use the search function on the forum.

A daw costs new videogame price to get into the entry level version.
A daw costs console price plus has the learning curve of a behemoth if you skipped entry level edition.

There are free daws to start with if you do not make that splurge.[reaper/lmms/tracktion/podium]

I'd recommend spending some time figuring out how to pull drum sounds into the drum racks that you like and then programming drum rhythms. Once you feel that you have a good beat going, try adding in a bass part. If you're totally new to Ableton, navigating through that very basic stuff will be quite challenging, but that's where you should start. Look up info on the internet or youtube, if you can't figure something specific out, ask the questions here and somebody should be able to help you.

The best way to get started is to ...get started (funny , huh?). this is something that takes training your ears, so the sooner you start the better. I always tell my friends who want to be musicians and producers that the song isn't going to make itself. You have sit down and make the song.

Producing is very hands on thing. Even if your beat is bad, make it. :) They'll get better over time.

And ya, if you have specific questions about the production process, let us know. We can't give everything to you in one post. production is waaay too broad. You have to make something, and we'll help you grow and develop as a producer, ya. :)

It's a lot of fun. Stick around and post more, you'll learn a lot. Welcome to forum.

Last edited:
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE for the great advice it deffinetley kicked my brain into gear and ill get to doing you guys advice thank you

I would recommend just fooling around with the software and just experiment, then if you want to learn something specific, Youtube it.

A good start is probably to create a kick drum pattern, then expand that into a more complete beat by adding snares and a hi-hat. Then create another channel with a synth and play a melody over it and you are well on your way.

Back