Help!!!!!

I.L.E.ME.N8

How can I make beautiful chill Piano beats on Fl studio. Fl studio piano's suck, I don't have money for nexus or even paid Vst. My goal is to buy Nexus but im only 15 I don't have money. My other problem is i usually just play Chords but i would like it to have a melody in it not just chords, so my question is how can I add melodies.

IMO, FL Keys is pretty good at piano emulation. You just need the right settings, FX (reverb, etc), and note velocities to make it shine.

Unfortunately, there's no "guide" here, as there are different settings for different genres. I advice you to try it, and mess around with those knobs.

About making melodies, some music theory wouldn't hurt: you can go to Teoria, bandcoach's website and even Basic Music Theory and study a little.

How can I make beautiful chill Piano beats on Fl studio. Fl studio piano's suck, I don't have money for nexus or even paid Vst.

First things first..do you even know how to play piano or know how to put together "beautiful chill piano beats?"

Just because you have a daw's piano roll doesn't mean you know how to play piano. Which is something you need to know how to do to ....play it. Or at least understand music theory to know how to slowly put it together. If you don't have any experience with that you're asking the wrong questions. And it has nothing to do with your VSTs right now assuming the former is right.

Last edited:
After you play the chords, play a melody over the top, it's that simple you just need to experiment with it. You need to play notes that are in the same scale as the notes you played though, Im not sure how much theory you know.. Unless you are clicking notes in then I have no idea how you would create a decent melody that way.

Yeah I have a keyboard, I usually just watch tutorials to learn songs. I can make a simple chord progression but I can't make a melody.. And also the sound I get from fl piano or other pianos on fl studio, they don't really sound like the ones I hear on songs!! It kinda sounds cheap or plain

Yeah I have a keyboard, I usually just watch tutorials to learn songs. I can make a simple chord progression but I can't make a melody.. And also the sound I get from fl piano or other pianos on fl studio, they don't really sound like the ones I hear on songs!! It kinda sounds cheap or plain

because most songs EQ or reverb the pianos so that it doesn't sound like a stock instrument

I agree that getting the right piano sound is pretty tough. Usually I play one of my soundfonts and use filters and effects to get me where I want to be (or at least somewhere closer).

Like others have said just play with the settings a little bit. Some times it takes a little tweaking.

Back