Hello New here and in search for advice and help!!!!

scottiedj

Hello all. Hope everyone is well.

I am a user of FL Studio 12. I like to make old skool hosue / garage, todd edwards style, nice and rip records, grant nelson, richard purser kind of stuff. I am also wanting to make other music but firstly need to learn more.

I will be posting some help me posts soon as so need someone to offer some advice so came here looking for a saviour, I am at that point where I can make some nice beats and have ideas but can not execute parts like bass etc and feel like chucking it all in, I wont but feel like it lol.

Anyway, had a look on the forum and seems liek some seriously helpful people here and a nice community vibe.

All the best. Scott

you can find a lot of topics discussed here, so it should help you but if you have any specific questions, post them in the right sub forums.

And welcome, yo. I use FL studio too and have similar influences but no house. For me mostly, it's been like grime, dubstep, electronic hip hop (just new style beats I guess), etc...

Nice to meet you, Scott!

Last edited:
you can find a lot of topics discussed here, so it should help you but if you have any specific questions, post them in the right sub forums.

And welcome, yo. I use FL studio too and have similar influences but no house. For me mostly, it's been like grime, dubstep, electronic hip hop (just new style beats I guess), etc...

Nice to meet you, Scott!

Thank you for the message Epsilon. Had a look over your stuff and would love to pick your brains lol. I am into all music underground music forms. I am making some ok sounds for where I am at with production, I am at the point where I am getting really deflated as struggling with:

1) making a bass to fit house/garage track like in the style of this type of tune: YouTube
[h=1]24Hour Experience ''The Test Press EP'' - Not Gonna Let Ya[/h]I just can not get a bass sound like this and also i have a post in another section witha bass I am after sound like. I dont no where to look or what to use stock fl studio programmes only I have.

2) strings - I am stuck on these and just can not get a sound I want. on the above track link at 2:22 mins there are high pitched strings coming in and I want to know where I can get a few samples form and how to make them, I just am stuck on these parts in order to develope a track I am working on.

I am yet to find anyine on YT or anyone whom can advise, so if you know please save me!!!! lol Dont want much do I. But in all seriousness I am totally stuck on these aspect of the track, anyone whom can help me please I would be great!

Thanks. I wish I knew more, very frustrating but looking on this site and some of the posts, there are some brilliant people giving tips and advice, I am ecited to read more.

im listening, It can be any low bass sound. I couldn't tell you what synth specifically but a bass synth with a most of the higher frequencies cut out with a low pass filter or an eq that cuts out of the higher frequencies until you can start to hear that nice low bass pulse. You'll have to experiment with a few synth and scoop the higher frequencies out until you have something similar.

The strings just sound like super high strings. You can download orchestra instruments and use them as midi notes. Push those notes way up into the higher octaves so they can get that high pitch light screeching sound.

but ya, you'll need to find some good drum and orchestra sample packs. I have a video that teaches you how to install them in FL Studio here: How to Import Drum Kits and Sound Packs | epsilon144.com

You'll get there, bro! We're all hear to help so ya, welcome. And ya, I would look up what goes into making garage/house music and learn all you can about it.

Last edited:
Epsilon - thank you very much, this is what I like about music, unity and people helping one another. I can only offer DJing help I teach that but production I need help lol.

Your videos are Fantastic, I am looking through them all for FL Studio and learning lots. Thank you for them they are a great help! You also I have to say explain things so easy to follow, you need to do more or set up a more defined work shop???? I think you will get a huge following as its the best I have seen and you seem sincere with your help and advice! Much Respect to you!

BTW - MY STRUGGLES are finding bass for that 90s hosue garage nice and ripe, ice cream records todd edwars kind, so if you or anyone knows where I can get samples form of these sounds or how to make them that would be amazing. lol dont ask dont get lol

All the best!!!

feel free to hit me up sir ill try and help u out

Hi HEADCUTTA - Thank you for your message very kind of you.

As my message above I am making house garage of 90s style and really struggling with the bass stabs etc like in many of the tracks in that time, I need some help as litterally stuck and fed up, feel I will never develope... So any help with this style appriciated!!! how do people learn progress as onlien there not even YT pages that explain it well. Thank you take care

Back