Hello I'm Ryan Villadsen

James Ryan Villadsen

Ryan Villadsen
I'm new to this site, OGBama told me i should introduce myself. Like the title says, my name is Ryan Villadsen. I'm 38 and i live in Texas. I have been into music my entire life. When i started playing by ear at age 6 my mother wanted me to study piano and by age nine i was playing classiclal pieces for recitals my teacher was always putting on. At age 13 i taught myself to play guitar and went on to play in a few bands (metal). I took up producing when i got a copy of Digital Orchestrator Pro for christmas at age 18. In 2003 i got married had 3 kids and didn't do anything with music at all until just this summer but i am quickly learning as much as i can from the internet and have been producing nonstop!!

Soundcloud link in profile

I currently use FL Studio 12.5 and a myriad of plugins, my favorite synth at the moment being SERUM

Let me know what you guys think and i'm excited to learn from everyone!!

Welcome and it is never too late as while life outside of music is more important music will always be around for you to come back to it regardless of skill level.

Sounds cool man. The fact that you can pump out tracks without getting caught in learning and/or asking a bunch of questions on the internet is great. That's the core, the #1 of any producer. Getting down to business and pumping out tracks. Cus you're not gonna use all of them on your next album. You want your albums to be a hand picked track list of your hottest stuff... That's not to say you shouldn't learn new things though. What I mean is a lot of people get too caught up in, oh, how do I do every little thing before ever sitting down to make a track. I'll give you a hot tip - music can be generally broken down into three main areas:

1. Theory
2. Composition
3. Harmony

Read about those three things (there's a **** ton of material to read here) and you'll be an excellent musician.

Last but not least, if you are going to be doing your own producing, you need to learn audio engineering. There are lots of schools out there for this that will teach you the ropes of engineering for a small fee. I know texas has a huge music scene so look around online and see if you can find a recording school that has an engineering program. That's all I can say really. If you have any questions send me a PM or just post in this topic and I'll get back to you. Hope this helps! And good luck.

Back