Hello! I'm new in here!

JuanMF

Hello! I just registered in the forum. I've come across threads from Future Producers a few times in the past two years through Google searches, but I've never registered or even thought about searching through the forums. I think the time has come.
I'm from Argentina, I'm a Sound Engineer, Mixing Engineer, and a musician.
Nice to meet you.

I was wondering... I've seen very experienced people writing in here. So, is it okay if I ask for reviews regarding the sound of my band productions?
I'm in charge of the whole audio chain, and I also play in the band. And it would be awesome if I could get some advice!

Hi JaunMF, welcome to FP!

Hello! I just registered in the forum. I've come across threads from Future Producers a few times in the past two years through Google searches, but I've never registered or even thought about searching through the forums. I think the time has come.
I'm from Argentina, I'm a Sound Engineer, Mixing Engineer, and a musician.
Nice to meet you.

I was wondering... I've seen very experienced people writing in here. So, is it okay if I ask for reviews regarding the sound of my band productions?
I'm in charge of the whole audio chain, and I also play in the band. And it would be awesome if I could get some advice!

Showcase Your Music! Give & Receive Feedback. <= where you'll get feedback for feedback.

Asking for reviews in other sections of this forum will get you nowhere fast. Receive public feedback universally by creating a Soundcloud account and upload some of tracks to your profile there. Once you've met the minimum requirement for posting links here on FP, embed a song into the signature section of your profile. After that, continue surfing the threads and developing your skills as you normally would. People will often listen to, like and comment of the their own free will. Another soundcloud benefit is that it can be placed and share music virtually anywhere online.

What audio gear are you working with?

Last edited:
Hi! Thanks for the info!
I'm already on Soundcloud. Well, my band is. When I hit the 5 post mark, I sure will! Thanks.

My analog gear is quite small. I record with a PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL, and a pair of KRK 8 G3.
I work mainly in the digital domain.

Hi! Thanks for the info!
I'm already on Soundcloud. Well, my band is. When I hit the 5 post mark, I sure will! Thanks.

My analog gear is quite small. I record with a PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL, and a pair of KRK 8 G3.
I work mainly in the digital domain.

That's a pretty nice set up for recording, how do you mic the band when recording?

Last edited:
It's quite simple, and well... 'low budgety'.
We record guitars and bass through a DI Box, simple as that.
A friend of mine has an AT2050 condenser, and we use it to record vocals and sometimes, violins.
Keyboards and stuff, all with VSTs using a MIDI controller.
Finally, mainly for budget reasons, the acoustic drums are also from a VST. But I work hard in order to make them appear realistic.

Back