Hello Guys, Another Bedroom Producer Here!

JonMan

Hello Everyone my name is Jonathan and I am a content creator on YouTube who originally started with making video-game remixes and heavy-metal covers, though nowadays I'm doing alot more gaming content than music, but joining here is my first step to trying to get back to roots and in the groove of producing music content again.

Here's a quick rundown of my current recording gear:

• Line 6 GX - My first interface and currently still used for access to Pod-Farm 2
  • Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 v1 - My current interface for my microphone, headphones and desktop monitors
  • Audio Technica M-50X Headphones - My all-around headphones for music production and gaming, often used with Sonarworks Reference 3 for more accurate mixing.
  • Audix OM2 Dynamic Mircophone - Mostly used for communication in voice chats and live commentary for my gaming videos
  • IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors - Myfirst true studio monitors (and perfect for my bedroom situation), also used for general listening to music, videos, etc
  • Boss GT-100 Guitar Processor - ​For all of my guitar and bass work, I have 3 six-string guitars, a seven-string and a five-string bass.
  • Dunlop Kirk Hammett Crybaby Wah - Yes, I'm a metallica fan, but as a wah-pedal it's a balanced and smooth-sounding wah that can do well with all genres of rock and metal.
  • GFS Twin Overdrive - Rarely used, but I use it when I feel it's better than the on-board pedals.
  • REAPER DAW x64 - For all of my audio-related projects including audio for all of my gaming content, I use Magix Vegas for the actual video-editing.

I listen to a wide range of music but I have a preference for all kinds of rock and metal music, along with electronic music and video-game music. I hope not only to gain some more knowledge on production and mixing, but to also share and answer questions to stuff that I have a handle on, especially in dealing with recording and mixing guitar and bass tracks.

Back