Hello guys, 36 old passionate about sounds in here.

samyaza69

Hello, I'm 36 and I'm working with DAW's I was 17. I remember my first DAW was Cubase, gave for free with my first "expensive" sound card. Creative Live (the who had midi and optical outputs and inputs) in a 5.25 inch drive unit...
For some time I was a guitarist, then a bassist in a rock band. However due personal reasons I went another direction.
As I said I have a small home studio and I plan to finish it and work with it as my hobby next to PC games. I remember the apparition of sound fonts and working with them because the synth stuff was at the start.. As far I remember the only synth I ever came across in those times I guess was a mono single generator stuff made by cubase, and cubase was always concetrated on instrumental/music. And now i'm into electro.
My gear so far:
- 2 powerful computer, A macbook pro retina worthing around 3000 USD and another one fixed at home worth 2500 USD unit only.
- my soundcard is a Focusritte 6i6 Mk II 24bit 192Khz
- a small 2 octaves (25 keys as they call them) of Novation Impulse controlller.
- small collection of headphones (for mastering and sound checking) but the best I own are the ATH M50 from Audiotechnica.
- two Tannoy's Reveal 802 100W each as studio monitors and they sound also great for this price tag.

ASAP I plan to get the Yamaha MG10XU (for the Steinberg licence of Cubase Lite). I was thinking at AG06 buy come one! what knind of 6 channels? and no high middle and bass for each channel?.. that's not mixer, is a toy. You pay the usb interface in it.. but I already bought one.
A better countroler would be better.. I was looking towards a Roland or M-Audio but I had bad memories with m-Audio and client support..
Cheers and hope to make new friends in here.

Back