Hello Future Producers + Introduction!

Syllix

Hello Future Producers! New to the forum but I'm a regular over at IDMforums and a mere lurker of Gearslutz haha.. I hope there's no rivalry going on :P

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here and to introduce myself since I did not see an introduction area (to the mods, please move this if i've missed it). :hello:

I've been producing for I'd say 8 years now. Taken many breaks along the way as life gets in the way sometimes but I'm still very serious about improving my craft. I'm an avid Logic Pro X user - have been working with Logic for about 6 years now. Before that I had used Ableton and Reason. I mainly produce ambient / chillout / experimental electronic music, but have also done my fair share of video game remixes (Sonic the Hedgehog anyone!?) and have had the opportunity to compose for a few short films over the years. I work a full-time semi-music related day job and am a podcast editor on the side. I make music production tutorials in my spare time when I'm not working on music (was very active a couple years ago and am just starting to make new ones again), so you'll probably see some of my posts in the Tutorials section (I think you guys have one right?). I love to teach, share knowledge, and of course strive to continue to improve my craft! I love making music and also learning from others as well. So, in a nutshell, that's me!

Looking forward to getting to know the community! :o

Cheers,
Ryan

Back