Hello

Jaap

Hi everyone,

My name is Jaap Visser, a composer and sound designer from the Netherlands mainly working in the library music production world and also producing soundsets for a variation of synths.

38 years old here already and working in the industry as professional since 2003 and still enjoying!

Cheers,

Jaap

Sup Jaap! Good to have you. Your experience will help! welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Welcome and how did you get started doing what you do?

Thanks OGBama :)

I went first to a conservatory and finished a master in classical composition and sonology and there I got interested in electronics. After graduation I got a job as tech sound guy at Blizzard for 3 years and after that I founded my own game audio production company and had that fir several years. An unfortunate life event got me out of business for 2 years and upon returning I started a new adventure for writing library and trailer music and also soon as publisher. Beside that I love sound design and started a company creating synth soundsets and working on some Kontakt libraries.
Thats a bit of my background :)

You worked for blizzard, cool! I've wanted to make music for games but haven't really tried yet

It is an awesome business to work in to be honest and if you have a chance to enter that industry, don't hesitate would be my advice :)

Back