Greetings from New Zealand

brozhang

Hey all, I'm Jack, 25 year old dude from New Zealand. I started making music this year, so I'm very new to production. I discovered my passion for electronic music sometime last year, when I heard World's by Porter Robinson, for some reason 'Sad Machine' really inspired me to make music myself. Now I make music with Ableton and learning the piano as a hobby. My dream is to be able to make a living from music one day. Lately I've been listening to Flume's Skin, Odesza, Kygo, a bit of What so not and ZHU. But I also enjoy dance, hip hop, soul, pop and some weirder stuff. I hope to learn something from all of you.

Cheers

Hey man, I'm a kiwi as well. From Tauranga, but living up in AKL. Hope you keep at it, there's a tonne of kiwi producers doing awesome stuff. I can't post links on this acc yet so you'll have to search for these guys:

Troy Samuela (Aka Samuel Truth) - He produced the first track released on Odeszas Foreign Family collective.
Race Banyon - Just put out a track with Ty Dolla Sign
SoulChef
SmokeyGotBeats - Made one of the beats on J-Rocs album
JAMAL
Matt Noble
Rory Noble
QUIX
Wayvee

That's just off the top of my head, I'm missing a tonne. Look into them though man, they're top class.

Thanks Dusty Beats, I didn't really expect anyone to reply so cheers. I'll check those guys out. Duno if you heard of cymbol 303, I went to high school with him (Avondale College) he's got some cool stuff, check him out.

Wow I gotta say, you discovered your passion for electronic music late! anyways good luck to you man

I like that you can pinpoint when you made the jump to production.
I've got 2 major reference points.
Started my first band after watching a Pride & Glory video set in a swamp back in the 90's
Had a break from being involved in music making.
Heard the Verb-T & Harry Love album when it came out - immediately started researching how I could make beats like that.

I see you.

Back