Ghost producers in the underground?

Nathan Jassi

According to this article ghost producers are rife in the underground. Initially, I thought it was just the mainstream and EDM that had this superficiality. In terms of the current underground house movement, who do you think is utilising ghost producers?

Mixmag | GHOST IN THE MACHINE

I understand how hard it is to do synthesis and melody stuff but it shouldnt be an issue for drums patterns :/ and plus those guys you named been doing this probably longer than i was around this planet, so i'll have to give them teh benefit of the doubt : l

I'm more concerned with the underground house genre here and it's more common than people think. I think the reason why they're employed is to keep the releases coming out of the label whilst their superstar DJ/Producer is touring the world. They need to keep him relevant and they can't afford for him to have any "off time". That's what I think anyway.

Personally, I think it's wrong. It's like having the idea for a book, but not being able to write it because you cannot read or write yourself. It doesn't make sense to me.

IDK to the question.....
But im not surprise house music or any other genre is utilizing ghosts....
I dont quite agree with it... especially if their name isnt right next to the suppose'it producer of the track
But i guess if the money was right i mite do it... but i still need recognition...

I'd hate for 20 years to go by and still hear ppl talkin about a track i produced...
Yet timbo is gettin the credit... ppl say that's one of his best songs...
Lets be serious

On a different note
I herd jadakiss use to ghost write for Biggie......
Kinda changes your outlook on the person u once highly reguarded

Personally, I think it's wrong. It's like having the idea for a book, but not being able to write it because you cannot read or write yourself. It doesn't make sense to me.
People do this all the time on film and television. Notice how there are always separate credits for "Story By" and "Written By"?
And besides, who cares as long as the music is good? Miles Davis and James Brown took credit for hella musicians work, which sucks, but why should that matter to the listener?

I used to be really against ghost producing! Nowadays, I sort of get it to an extent, but I think a producer should still get some sort of credit even if its lesser extent. Some of the bigger producers have too much work to do on a track that has the main melody, drums, etc on it, and need producers to maybe add fills, or transitions, or tighten the drums, so they can work on other projects. But I think some credit should be there tho.

Some of the huge producers like Metro, Timbaland, are a brand. Its like Toyota. Its a brand, you dont know who were the engineers and designers. you just say at the end of the day, that Toyota always making some good cars.

Now ghost producing to make another producer look good is BS

Back