getting started equipment wise using ableton in a live setting

nqcowboy87

ive been playiun g guitar for three years now and drums for 15 only recently getting back into playing music properly in the last three years. i have recently found an affinity with electronic music and am looking to meld a stone sour/foo fighters sound with elements of house and breakbeat sounds. i have been composing and arranging on ableton and am ready to take it live however i do nt know what i need equipment wise. alll i have at the moment is my macbook 2.7ghz 8gb, axiom 25 keyboard, boss dr sampler fender tele and vox amp and a couple of pedals. my question is what equipment is needed to plug into a sound system and what would be the best way to do this. i dont want anything complicated i just want to play guitar chords over a premade backing track, and have the axiomto play synth melodies in massive during the breakdown and have the boss sampler setup so i can use te pads to trigger samples in real time. so as far as plugging from my laptop into a di box what is equired on my end

sorry for the confusing question

If you really just want to play guitar over some pre-produced tracks, you might want to consider just running the guitar through an amp rather than through your computer.

However, if you do choose to go the computer route, you'll need an a sound card with a 1/4 input. You can route the guitar from there into Ableton as an input and play from there.

Back