Is Garage Band A Limited Sound Program?

crizko

I appreciate garage band more than fl studio, just because locating and operating the stuff in the program is more simple than fl studio.

Now, what im asking is there a way to install packs and other sounds into Garage Band, just like you'll install into FL? Or are sounds on Garage Band limited?

I appreciate garage band more than fl studio, just because locating and operating the stuff in the program is more simple than fl studio.
Sounds to me like you're just very familiar with garageband and not very familiar to FL.
Take some time to get used to FL.

I use FL and I think its much better than Garageband once you learn how to use it.
FL is really not that difficult and I believe you can do more with your sounds than Garageband such as vocalizer effects.

Never touched garageband but fl studio can do all the same things, it's just that pattern based daws just handle some things differently than timeline based daws.

Fl studio to studio one compare example.

Fl studio's patterns are just instrument tracks cut off the timeline to be used separately from the timeline but IS the timeline.
Fl studio's channels are a combination of layers/tracks that are affected by the mixer that's not autorouted to a mixer track that's solved with templates and stuff.
Fl studio can actually be used both linear or patterned like timeline daws also can as well.

But you can clearly tell where the focus is for each type cuz in fl studio the timeline and sequencer is just not conjointed while a daw like studio one is.

Yes, you can use 3rd party VST plug ins. They are great, many are free. If you have new version of GB and OSX it should be straight forward. If not, youtube "how to install VST in Garageband" and you'll find a bunch of videos. You have to download, then transfer plug in into specific folder. I updated my OSX and now it seems the VST file will go right where it needs to, I don't need to do anything (it may be the VST is auto filing not OSX, not sure...). Good luck!

Back