Free Cubase Le to anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning_Star

ProTools + Reason user
Important notice - Cubase LE is NO LONGER FREE - you can get a trial licence for 30 days

==========================================================================================================

For people starting out that need some serious free recording software here is what you do. The great thing is that this is for Mac or PC.

First go to this webpage and download Cubase Elements 7 trial.

Trial Version*:*Cubase 7*|*http://www.steinberg.net/

Then go to this webpage and follow the instructions.

Cubase LE 7 Activation & Registration *:**|*http://www.steinberg.net/

There you have it. Free Cubase recording software. Now go download all the Stillwell Audio plugins from this webpage and install them.

Stillwell Plugins… | Stillwell Audio - It's About The Sound

And download all these plugins from Voxengo here.

Free VST, AU PlugIns - Audio PlugIn Category - Voxengo

And download all these plugins from BlueCat Audio.

Blue Cat's Freeware Plug-ins Pack - Download Freeware Audio Plugins (VST, RTAS, Audio Unit, DirectX) (Freeware)

And download all the Kjaerhus Classic plugins from this forum here if you are on PC.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../kjaerhus-classic-series-vst-plug-ins-345196/

and download all the Bootsy stuff if your on a PC from here.

VST Effects « Variety Of Sound

And the great part is that you can upgrade to Cubase Elements for only $49. Considering that getting a decent pitch correction tool would cost more than that it's a no-brainer.

Or you can get PitchCraft for $20 from here

PitchCraft No-Brainer from audioMIDI.com

And you can get the Waves AudioTrack plugin for $19 if you already have an iLok here.

AudioTrack from audioMIDI.com

So for under $70 you have a fully functioning D.A.W. with pitch correction and a channel strip from one of the best and most expensive plugin makers.

Mix that with an Apogee One or Presonus Mobile Studio or Focusrite Scarlette 2i2 ect and a mic and you have a great recording setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome information here. No reason anybody looking to get into music can't be up and running almost immediately.

I'm a big fan of the Stillwell plugs, I use the 1973 EQ a fair bit.

Some of those plugs on the Variety of Sound page look very interesting, does anybody have any experience with them? I'm a sucker for tape/tranny/tube emulations so I'll be giving them a test run over the next couple of weeks. Very keen to give the channel strip a go as well.

You have earned a sticky sir

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Stickied!!!!

yeah...this didn't work for me...

I got to step 7 on the Cubase LE 6 Activation and Registration and it says to "Enter your Soft-eLicenser and choose your hardware manufacturer" but I don't know how to access my Soft-eLicenser number from the eLicense Control Center (eLCC) software...

How do you get the Soft-eLicenser number from the eLiscense Control Center software?

:EDIT:
Is this really "free" cubase? or is it just the free trial? because I've got the trial...if that's what you meant by "free."

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah...this didn't work for me...

I got to step 7 on the Cubase LE 6 Activation and Registration and it says to "Enter your Soft-eLicenser and choose your hardware manufacturer" but I don't know how to access my Soft-eLicenser number from the eLicense Control Center (eLCC) software...

How do you get the Soft-eLicenser number from the eLiscense Control Center software?

:EDIT:
Is this really "free" cubase? or is it just the free trial? because I've got the trial...if that's what you meant by "free."

Your soft-eLicenser number is in the Control Center. It's in the main window. Just hit Command +C or CTRL +C to copy to clipboard.

The trial versions come with the same range of functionality as the full versions - including all instruments, effects and sounds - and may be used without limitations for 30 days.

does this mean the program stops working after 30 days or do the limitations just kick in then? ive wanted to learn the basics of cubase but id like to be able to use it for longer than that

Last edited:
does this mean the program stops working after 30 days or do the limitations just kick in then? ive wanted to learn the basics of cubase but id like to be able to use it for longer than that
No its Cubase LE its totally free most of the time it just comes with soundcards

This is a little embarrassing but I'm really confused by the first step.
Lol.
I tried downloading then it requests a specific number.
if anyone can help that would be nice.

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately, it didn't work for me either based on the instructions. The CTRL+C trick doesn't work either. I followed the instructions, I just think there is some step missing or something. I'm trying again ...

OK, call me stupid, but I realized what might be my problem. You have to install the Cubase Elements program. Yeah, I know, dumb, but the way I read the instructions on here and the other link made it seem like the software licensing program would automatically know you had Cubase Elements on your computer. So, I'm going to see if that works. More than likely, it will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back