Is this forum only for skilled/experienced producers?

I can read sheet music, ...but I can only read and play same time on trumpet. Trumpet is the only instrument I really know the fingers and embouchure on.

Is it important to know this stuff when writing your own songs? ...It wouldn't hurt, it definitely helps your brain understand music a little more.

Last edited:
This forum began during the rise of the Hip Hop super producer which is no more given how tech has allowed anyone with a laptop and connection to think they are a producer.

To answer your question it helps if someone is an experienced and/or skilled producer but it is not a must.

This forum began during the rise of the Hip Hop super producer which is no more given how tech has allowed anyone with a laptop and connection to think they are a producer.

To answer your question it helps if someone is an experienced and/or skilled producer but it is not a must.

Right on. I don't think I'm a producer, but I'd like to be. So many sources of info online have nothing legitimate to offer, which is why I find forums the best as it connects you with people trying to do something similar. Tech has definitely made it more approachable which is probably annoying to those of you who've been at this a while. Regardless, this rookie appreciates the tips/feedback I've gotten so far

Even 1f you're an experi3nced pr0ducer, you gott4 adapt. The market changes.

ya, the forum is a great pace to meet others in music/production.

Even 1f you're an experi3nced pr0ducer, you gott4 adapt. The market changes.

ya, the forum is a great pace to meet others in music/production.

I would think with tech making it easier for people to pick up and start producing it would make experienced producers even better. With a grasp of the basics, better equipment would equal better results. Forgot what plays on the radio, music today is better then its ever been, in large part due to the internet and DAWs running on laptops

Trip Lykely, I only disagree with music being better due to DAWs and laptops as better or worse has to do moreso with the musician's skills more than anything, but the one thing I think is better in this era is there are more ways to discover music, granted one knows what they like already.

lol ya, i agree. And the fundamental ideas under production don't change. They've just moved and consolidated onscreen to DAWs for easier access and much less cost. If you've been producing for a while, the shift isn't too hard to accept and adopt.

but the one thing I think is better in this era is there are more ways to discover music, granted one knows what they like already.

I think being able to more easily discover good music leads to better music being created. You hear something new and get an idea. Also, I don't think you do necessarily know what you like. You know what you like right now, but you don't know if you'll like what you haven't heard

And being on the music discovery idea, ya exactly. If your tunes are online, they're already "in" everybody's house. They're only a few clicks away from hearing.

Last edited:
Back