FL Studio VST's & Plug ins for mixing mastering?

tommywadd

Hi everyone

Ive been using FL Studio for a couple years now and previously have only used what comes inside fl for compression, eq etc on the mix/master side of things. Just wondering whether anyone recommends any extra plug ins & vst's for me to get (I mainly produce dancehall and hip hop) with regards to this or are the ones that come with flstudio good enough? In my ears my mixes sound good (so im obviously in no rush to change things) however if theres any way to make this process easier/more effective im all up for it

also, i know if my sound is good i dont need to change it, and i know it is quite a broad question however advice & direction is always appreciated ;)

Some saturation plugs are always nice, and FL doesn't have that much of stereo-imaging more than the stereo-mono knob. Check out Variety Of Sound, their plugins, and see if you can find anything you like :)

'mda image' for stereo imaging
'sausage fattner' if you want that bad ass fat sound
'kickstart' for simple and easy sidechaining.
;pitchwheel'.great tool for audio file pitch shifting, as it wont shorten the sample the way the default sample plugin pitch knob does.
'izotope ozone5' for mastering.

Like said above learn how tu use your build in mixing vst but if you feel limited the on that come with komplete 10 are very dope and you can add izotope ozone on top of that . Really like those one . Alot of vstare available for free also you can dig up on the internet for that .

Last edited:
Haha I love the sausage��

That's what she said...couldn't resist.

To the OP, FL is more than capable of doing everything needed to have your mix sounding as good as anything released commercially. I'd advise researching plugs until you find things that function in ways to easworkflow or do things the tools you have don't. Just remember 'better" is an opinionated word. So, replacing say...a stock FL EQ with one from a 3rd party won't make a remarkable difference it you're already comfortable with the Stock EQ in FL, and it has so many options. it's not like you just got 1 of each effect. Try switching thru the different stock stuff you have.

Back