FL Studio, Reason, or Logic

The best one is the one that appeals to YOU because they all do the same thing,tried all of them out before.

For some reason Fl studio and reason grabbed my attention because of the way they were laid out.Which one looks the best to you?use it :p

I'm definitely likin FL Studio right now but I'm totally open to trying to learn Reason and Logic. I guess it all depends on your preference. The way FL is laid out and how it's plugins and sequencers work just caught my eye because for a long time I've been looking for a way to make music on my own without needing to spend a ton of $$$ on gear (did the whole band thing for a long time and had to rely on other people and equipment waaaay to much)

I am not sure 100% but I think sequencer "Cubase "it this time even can make some psydelic trance on comercial level.Also u can buy a projects in some loopmaster portals.It may help to start make music professionally.But before to buy it, needs still also think twice.Cause Cubase basis on company "staibergs" and they made some smart thing.U can't run any stainberg company VST or even Cubase.Cause Cubase basis also is steinberg.So u can't start a program without having a special memory stick which u also have to purchase online.Stupid

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Mastachop.I would say your track"Breathe in and float" is just awesome!Not a lot producers in the world who can make track sound commercially on fl.If is then u can count them on fingers.:d

I started with fl studio years ago and still use it today. With the right plugins and drumkits you can make some nice beats. Reason had some great quality sounds but i feel that fl studio was much more user friendly. Also keep in mind that most tutorials and beatmaker tips are done in fl studio which helps greatly when you wanna learn something new or are confused about something

Reason for personal preference!

Last edited by a moderator:
FL Studio of course. Only for the fact that Reason can't use VSTi's. simple.
FL Studio is the most used sequencer for music production in the world.

you must live in a different world to everyone else - reason 7 now allows you to control externally hosted vsti's (using stand-alone host apps or other and some virtual MIDI routing) via their MIDI out feature and routing the audio back in

it's all the same basically nowadays... With all the DAW's competing with each other there's practically nothing that you can do that you can't do just as good in another DAW.

For me the deal-breaker is workflow and personally for me FL studio is the best for sketching out idea's in my head quickly.

I tried once to conect only few vst plugins to "ableton live" I would say even im working basically with Fl, ableton makes all tracks look more efective and with no sound problems like usually have Fl.I used on the ableton some fl virt.sin and main thing on the ableton live is compressors. After record of your hard work with fl and just simle compressor on the ableton live, put 2 tracks in your car to listen.Fl always has bass on the beats too efective.and I even found a way on Fl how to sort it.Now drop a some track after Ableton live general record......Beat always will sound in normative.And there never need to think think think how to sort sound frequency problems. I've got some examples I created on the Fl even on demo version........After listening.Even u think those beats sounds Dinamically and large, that is my trick of efect.Actually beats frequencies and Sub is turned Down as much as possible.:d

I use Logic....but I only use it to record vocal and audio instruments.....I do the rest in Maschine and export eveyrhting in Logic after....

I think they are all good...just a question of taste....

Mastachop.I would say your track"Breathe in and float" is just awesome!Not a lot producers in the world who can make track sound commercially on fl.If is then u can count them on fingers.:d

thanks a lot, I really appreciate. one thing you can count on with my stuff is that I put my all into each and every piece of music I make, regardless of how basic my tools are. one love.

Just because something is more popular, doesn't mean it is 100% the one to go for. That is how our society is sort of getting "wierd" because people try to follow trends. Be yourself and find your own preference!

Go with whatever your comfortable with and make it your main DAW.

Ive been using Reason for a while, i get pissed off at it sometimes but I always keep coming back lol. Its like a love hate relationship, but its my main DAW for production.

Its nice to keep things simple and stick with one program though

Like many have already said, it all depends on what you end up comfortable with. You'll never really know until you try making a few songs with each of them and start to understand the nuances of each software.

Personally, I've tried them all and I love Reason. For me, its workflow is second to none. As much as I love Kontakt, floating windows and constantly having to set up track routing seriously distract my process. My only complaint is that *sometimes* it gets a little difficult to find the right sound that you're looking for -- I think this is primarily because it tends to cater more to sound designers than patch fiends like myself. But as time goes by I get to know the factory sound bank better.

Not to say the FL Studio and Logic don't have their advantages, because they do. Logic Pro X's scale quantize feature is awesome, and the built-in instruments sound bloody amazing. And I personally feel FL Studio's MIDI sequencer is the best out of them all. But at the end of the day, Reason wins for me -- it's all up to you to find out which one you'll end up being most productive in.

It is not what you use. It is how you use it. I use Reason and Logic but I really want FL to come onto Mac :D

Coming from a film music composer universe.
I would say that logic is the best thing you should consider between the 3.

But if you are in DJ stuff I think that Ableton will fit you the best

i started with reason and i still usie it. now ive recently got into ableton 8. reason is a awesome daw if you have plenty of good sounds and samples and or you sound design. the interface is user friendly,reason itself is user friendly. as soon as u get reason u can make a beat within like 5 mins... its that easy! now the one thing i think is pointless with reason 6 and better is the prices of the rack extensions!! and half of them are pointless cuz thor or malstrom and do basically the same thing as the new r.e's. i mean radical piano and radical keys and the organ rack are dope and there are a few others that are dope too but the majority of em are useless. u better off finding good refills. now if the racks were in the price range of like 15 to 25 dollars id probably get some every other week!! but alot of em are in the 75-150 range and to me certainly isnt worth it. but overall i love reason. i recently started using ableton live 8 and at first i hated it cuz its a little harder to figure it out and navigate like reason. but after watching thousands of yt vids and visiting forums and googling lol i love ableton lol im able to use my plugins, its soo much easier to sample and cut up samplesm the quantization and groove settings are excellent. once i learn the main shorcut controls and find a easier way to arrange ill be in good shape. and i can still rewire reason. now as far as fl studio, i could never get into it... im more of a midi controller guy cuz i play piano so i like ease of use daws and midi controller friendly stuff. i know u can do that in fl but i jus was never interested. now my engineer, he uses it and im amazed at all fl can do!! and all of the fl plug ins are jus great. but overall i think reason and ableton will be the ones i stick with. still considering reason 7. i wonder what they will do with reason 8?? anywho check out some tracks ive made.. all made in reason

SoundClick artist: GoldEmpireEnt - page with MP3 music downloads

FL Studio is perfect for me. You can record in with ease and host pretty much any VST you wish. Its sound engine is great and has some really nice synths out the box, including sytrus, harmor & 3xosc. Its defiantly worth downloading the demo and giving it a shot.

Back