Fl Studio on a mac? How do you do it?

tww47

I've been using fl studio for a while now running it with parallels desktop on my mac yet now that I have a midi controller it seems to have latency issues when using it on the parallels desktop. I'm thinking I just might install FL Studio on bootcamp but I hate switching back and forth from windows to mac all the time. I'm learning Reason now but I'd still like to use all my plugins and vst's that I had with FL studio. What do you guys do? Should I switch over to a mac program that can run vst's like Logic?

I would switch to a different DAW personally, as you would have to install a windows partition and use Boot Camp to load FL.

yeah I tried both of those. The partition is a PAIN!, and parallel seems to lag alot and sucks with midi, plus you need a mouse and I have a macbook so I don't use a mouse.

I just switched to reason and Live. Then eventually found out how awesome logic is. I would say try out one of those, if not cubase. I've never personally used cubase but heard it was good.

Image-Line themselves approve FL of being Boot Camp compatible, they display it pretty prominently.

There's no reason why it would work any different under boot camp than a 'windows' pc, because they become the same thing.

i also run it using bootcamp and i have never had a problem.

i WOULD run it in boot camp, but any time you want to start another OS X program, you have to restart the computer...

it's annoying... but I guess it would nice to have.
maybe I'll reinstall it.

Bootcamp or FL Studio for Mac. You can download the demo of Fl studio Mac version for free. Sylenth1 is working very well in the FL studio Mac version. FL studio is working (programming) on a native FL STUDIO DAW for mac. Hopefully we don't have to wait to long.

Last edited:
Have you tried WINE. Similar principal as CrossOvers, where you create a bottle and then install your Win app. But the nice thing is Wine is free. Works pretty well in it, and runs like its own app on the Mac OSX, only problem is cos its running under windows emulation it can only run in 32-bit mode under WINE.

Back