FL Studio 9 or 10 on mac

Nova's Revenge

Hey guys,
I currently use ableton, but I'm thinking of switching to fl studio. I'm wondering if there are any other people out there using it on a mac. I've tried using bootcamp and crossover to run it on my mac. I don't like having to reboot my computer using bootcamp. I'd like to be using it in crossover, but I don't know how to import third party vsts if I do this. Let me know how you run FL Studio on your mac!

Thanks,
Wes

You are using ableton and want to switch to fl studio?

I'm really new on this but it looks hell like a downgrade to me.

It's all preference. I'd like to be using both actually, it's just that I have been collaborating with a friend who has been using fl studio and I'd like the ability to use both. I like both softwares, and have some experience using both. But yes, I would say ableton potentially allows you to "do more" but I love fl studio's native plugins and it's user-friendliness.

In my opinion it would really be silly to go from Ableton to Fruity loops mainly because if your going to switch your digital audio workstation you might as well go with the industry standard which is Pro Tools. If you ever go do some Audio engineering course chances are pro tools will be used. And if you learn how to use 3 different DAWs then good on ya but it's pretty dang pointless. You gotta think to yourself dam... Image Line isn't smart enough to make FL for mac shortly after it came out... mac that computer that professionals use around the world. They probably could have made a couple thousand more sales that way but I dunno maybe it was a smart move...

fl studio on mac

hey wes i just saw this and wanted to tell you fl studio are now working on a mac version of it im currently testing it right now and its on its second wave of beta testing which makes me happy so far they've done a pretty good job working out the kinks rewire is still not testable yet so i dont know about how that will play out but i would say learn another program sparingly because it will be on mac soon enough no need to change something if you dont have to=)

In my opinion it would really be silly to go from Ableton to Fruity loops mainly because if your going to switch your digital audio workstation you might as well go with the industry standard which is Pro Tools. If you ever go do some Audio engineering course chances are pro tools will be used. And if you learn how to use 3 different DAWs then good on ya but it's pretty dang pointless. You gotta think to yourself dam... Image Line isn't smart enough to make FL for mac shortly after it came out... mac that computer that professionals use around the world. They probably could have made a couple thousand more sales that way but I dunno maybe it was a smart move...

There is so much wrong with this statement it's unreal.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

As yet FL studio is not available on Mac but as the guy above stated it's only a matter of time. But for now, if your running a Mac and want to try a new DAW, Logic is the most sensible solution.

I run Fl Studio on my macbook pro. First I installed bootcamp then I installed parallels 7. I mostly run Fl in parallels with no problems at all. This way you wont have to reboot.

Back