Fl studio 11 vs Fl studio 12

C

Crix

Hi guys. Didn't see a topic like this so i've got few questions about fl studio 12. I've heard that they improved everything so I started considering to update it. I was wondering if it's worth it while I've been working on fl 11 my whole music "career" haha and next thing are the projects. Can I open projects from fl 11 in fl 12? It's quite important because i have a lot of unfinished things but I need to format my system since my computer on win 7 is slow af and I want to change it to xp. Would it work on xp properly ? Thanks in advance :):)

I use 11 myself, don't plan on switching to 12 yet.
12 works on XP (Service Pack 3) as well, and i am sure that you can opet your projects from 11 in 12, that was never an issue with any FL versions.

thanks dude:) i've read some people opinions about 12 and it seems that it's a lot better so i'll try it out :D

FL 12 has some different settings, but not things that kill your workflow. I'm using only it now, and so far it is doing a great service.

I was a beta tester, after the first beta I'd preferred to work in an unstable program over the stable and outdated 11.

Everyone needs to try FL12, not much has changed that requires you to re-learn things but everything has been made better.

performance is identical to FL11 aslong as you turn off the smoothing options.

FL12 installs in its own folder so you can run it along side 11.

Also since Image-Line offers free updates for life why update?

Thanks for response guys! I upgraded it and everything here is clean. Does anyone got problem with channel rack? It lag in some moments while playing the song

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded FL Studio 12 a month ago. I hate it. I still don't know how to load VSTs. I watched a few Youtube videos that showed me what to do. I give up. I am going back to version 11. I can't waste time learning how to do stuff that came with ease in prior versions.

I downloaded FL Studio 12 a month ago. I hate it. I still don't know how to load VSTs. I watched a few Youtube videos that showed me what to do. I give up. I am going back to version 11. I can't waste time learning how to do stuff that came with ease in prior versions.

That stumped me for a while too. Go to 'Options' then 'File Settings' and in the Plugins section select the 'VST Plugins plugins extra search' folder (make sure it's the one in the 'plugni' section, click on the folder icon and select the root folder of all your VSTs. Then click on 'Refresh Plugins' list. Once the scan is complete go to Add Channel and select 'Browse Plugin Database'. You should get the Plugin Database window appear on the left hand side of your screen. Scroll down to "Installed" then "generators" then VST and any installed VSTs (including Fruity residents) should appear here. I have a problem with scrolling down so i just select one then use the arrow keys to scroll down the list. If you right click over any given vst you can add it to the plugin database as a favourite. That way you should be able to select it the oldskool way by going to "add" and then "Channel" at it should appear in the list.

Last edited:
Hi everybody! My name is Vekktone. I hope each and every one of you watch and get to know me, so that I can do the same to you! Let's get a community going. I am a user of FL Studio 12. I recently upgraded from 11 to 12, and I have to admit it was a little difficult at first, especially when trying to load plugins. However, after some patience I can now bring up all my plugins just as quick as FL 11. The general graphics are really nice, and give a good technological feel to the DAW. I honestly believe that FL Studio is one DAW that changed history. It's amazing!

I've used both and I have to say that although FL12 has a much nicer looking interface, I do prefer FL11. This is mainly because of the shortcuts which make my workflow a lot easier, which don't seem to be in FL12. I may upgrade to 12 at some point in the future but at the moment I'm happy with 11 and know what I'm doing in there. You can buy 11 and try that first to see how you get on. It is worth it and is a very good DAW despite what many people say.

I have both fl 11 and 12 but still use 11 because I have all the vsts installed in it and am use to it because i been using it for like 8 months but I know that later I'm have to start using 12 because a good producer will need to upgrade their software and hardware at some point. FL 12 seems to be running smoothly than fl 11 though and with less crashes.

Back